MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a test ride on the new V4 Tuono yesterday. Nice bike, awesome power. Wanted to be blown away by it after all the hype. Is it a better bike than my 1090? I think it is, but not massively.

Heres the problem, been offered £10k for my brutale (9,000miles 1 year old in stock trim) got a mvcorse full titanium exhaust on the bike and a load of carbon bits (hugger, radiator trims, bellypan, seat) which I get to keep and sell on here or ebay. Was thinking that little lot should get me about £1,500. In effect we're talking a no cost swap. Or am I being over optimistic?

Questions?
1. What do you think I'd get for the exhaust, carbon trims etc?
2. Should I do the deal?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Flushman, if i were you I would do the deal...! I also have a Brutale 1090R 600 miles on the clock, just turned one year old and I was offered £8500....!!! (although it was against a Ducati) Thought the guy was winding me up, but he was genuine....! I do like the Brutale but not the service from MV and all the little things that have been going wrong with them......can't afford to trade and would be interested in your carbon bits/exhaust....! What dealer offered you £10k?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Flushman, if i were you I would do the deal...! I also have a Brutale 1090R 600 miles on the clock, just turned one year old and I was offered £8500....!!! (although it was against a Ducati) Thought the guy was winding me up, but he was genuine....! I do like the Brutale but not the service from MV and all the little things that have been going wrong with them......can't afford to trade and would be interested in your carbon bits/exhaust....! What dealer offered you £10k?
keep your 1090,are you on the track everyday ?I was at the launch in brisbane,the front likes like a wasp,the twin sound is great ,but the art work on the mv leaves it for dead.
cheers eddy

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Do the deal. Don't know what you would get on the parts, sorry.
Do the deal.

Mike
Damn, I must of accidentally logged into the Aprilia forum, funny that as I didn't even think I was a member there. :confused:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit! Don't buy it it's shit!

Get the message - you are making some of our members upset!!!

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
:banghead:eek:k,this is the deal,just taken the ducati diavel out ,handling is crap,if you want a lounge suit buy it.next the v4r, taken it out great bike, but the seat is as hard is a piece of ply board and the power does not come on as quick as the mv down low.so if you are young good luck I reckon I would last about 15 minutes before I needed an arse transplant.now the 1090 great bike plenty of everything even comes with some styling,the seating position is a big improvement on the older versions,So make your bloody mind up, goodluck from eddy knee down,hey that name sounds pretty good,thats my 2 cents worth,:banghead::banghead::bandit::bandit:

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Have to agree with the guys here.....Why would you ask he MV forum what to do?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK I get the message. Asking you lot if I should change bikes was pretty stupid, I think I was more along the lines of "is this a good deal" Having given it some thought I've decided I'm keeping the MV. The only thing going for the Tuono V4 is the power increase and truthfully I cant exploit all the power the 1090 has on offer so the last thing I need is more power.

Thanks for the replies, they were useless, but its been emotional!!

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
:
OK I get the message. Asking you lot if I should change bikes was pretty stupid, I think I was more along the lines of "is this a good deal" Having given it some thought I've decided I'm keeping the MV. The only thing going for the Tuono V4 is the power increase and truthfully I cant exploit all the power the 1090 has on offer so the last thing I need is more power.

Thanks for the replies, they were useless, but its been emotional!!
lets party,hooray.:friday::friday::friday

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Took a test ride on the new V4 Tuono yesterday. Nice bike, awesome power. Wanted to be blown away by it after all the hype. Is it a better bike than my 1090? I think it is, but not massively.

Heres the problem, been offered £10k for my brutale (9,000miles 1 year old in stock trim) got a mvcorse full titanium exhaust on the bike and a load of carbon bits (hugger, radiator trims, bellypan, seat) which I get to keep and sell on here or ebay. Was thinking that little lot should get me about £1,500. In effect we're talking a no cost swap. Or am I being over optimistic?

Questions?
1. What do you think I'd get for the exhaust, carbon trims etc?
2. Should I do the deal?
£10k for a 1 year old brutale with 9,000 miles is a good offer

If you intend selling your brutale? I would snatch up that offer, I personally think it would be difficult to get another offer as good (in UK)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts