MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys... here is an interesting situation and some questions:

I have just about wracked up 50,000kms on the 910R which i bought little over a year ago with 17,000kms on the clock for NZ$17k (thats about US$11k at todays exchange rate). Many more KMs than I thought i would do on it... In the time i have owned it, i have performed fairly regular standard servicing (keeping "mostly" to the km service periods - they come around pretty quick), replaced the rear hub and head stock bearings, added various bits of CF (hugger, chain guards, key surround, etc), replaced the PSU, and added steering dampner, an arrow shorty and a PCIII.

The couple of things i am about todo (and just about have enough saved in the bike account): custom mid pipe (to make the arrow sit correctly) and custom PCIII map... Then: more cf, more other bits, more servicing, MORE TYRES! :)

Im starting to think.....

• Will i add another 30+k in the next year? (what is the impact $$ wise here? is it going to get more MORE MORE expenisive?)
  • When do i need a engine rebuild?
  • Is it time to move the 910R to a "special day bike"/"track bike" and get something else to spread the KM load over to?
  • God forbid, do i sell it and get something else? (NO!)
  • Do i just follow KiwiDoc and keep on going?...
I guess fellow members can see where i am at here? Just wanting a sounding board from others on their thoughts.

Also, the bike is going really well at the moment.. (I pause to wonder what is going to go wrong now....)

Any feedback is very welcome! :stickpoke

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Just keep going until it shits itself then buy an engine from CAG.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
hmmmm interesting challenge Gremmin - you could always buy my 750s as you're day to day runner and keep the 910r for track days?

I'll then buy replacement :) Brute

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmmm interesting challenge Gremmin - you could always buy my 750s as you're day to day runner and keep the 910r for track days?

I'll then buy replacement :) Brute
Thanks for the kind offer... tho i dont think i could put up with the lack of torque :stickpoke

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Good to see you haven't lost your sense of humour :stickpoke

We need to test them against each other at the track big fella :yo:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Good to see you haven't lost your sense of humour :stickpoke

We need to test them against each other at the track big fella :yo:
Lets hope this weather continues over the 12th of June then huh?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Yeah baby !!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well - milestone has been passed! 50,000kms on the Brutale! :brutale:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
:yo::yo::yo::yo:

·
Registered
363 Posts
I dont think its a record. I remember someone posting a bike done 100,000kms, think it was Fazer but not sure.

Mine had done 16,500kms when i got it .... thats 6-7 mths ago. Its now at 21,000 kms. Still going strong but have stopped riding for a month now as biking season is closed for summer. Its nice to know that these bikes have no problems with the kms.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dont think its a record. I remember someone posting a bike done 100,000kms, think it was Fazer but not sure.

Mine had done 16,500kms when i got it .... thats 6-7 mths ago. Its now at 21,000 kms. Still going strong but have stopped riding for a month now as biking season is closed for summer. Its nice to know that these bikes have no problems with the kms.
Closed for the summer? Too HOT?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think you should give it the producers of MAD MAX4 if it's not too late.....Make it a living legend in memory of the Nightrider and Goose!...full cheesy fairings and chopped off pipes, matte black paintwork and a lot of grime...Then make them buy you a new one.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Closed for the summer? Too HOT?
Way toooooooo Hot. More than 50 deg C during the day and around 43-45 deg C at night, I do go out for a spin sometimes late night or early morning but it's still hot and if its in stop and go traffic, the car seems like a much better place.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think you should give it the producers of MAD MAX4 if it's not too late.....Make it a living legend in memory of the Nightrider and Goose!...full cheesy fairings and chopped off pipes, matte black paintwork and a lot of grime...Then make them buy you a new one.
FTW!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts