MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What price should one expect to pay for a new Brutale in America. MSRP? Do dealers discount off of MSRP. What other charges to dealers add on? Out the door?

$17,995 MSRP

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Biknut said:
What price should one expect to pay for a new Brutale in America. MSRP? Do dealers discount off of MSRP. What other charges to dealers add on? Out the door?

$17,995 MSRP
I bought the first '08 R model in town for MSRP less $1K. That's after having bought 6 bikes from the same dealership. I suggest you focus on dealer relationship over price. Going several hundred miles away to save a few bucks doesn't always translate into a happy buying decision in the long run. Comments guys?

·
Registered
67 Posts
New, or barely used?

So, I bought an '06 910S with 1900 miles on it, and only 6 months old. It was (is) in primo condition and cost me $10,800. That was enough incentive for me over brand new...same bike for $6K less. Yikes!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
$16.5k

Check the MV website - '08 910R price is now $16,495 ('07 model included an additional 'race' exhaust).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So basically it seems like you can expect to pay about MSRP, or if I'm lucky maybe $1000 off. That gives me an idea what to expect.

I know this is apples and oranges, but I found out my son's Speed Triple was MSRP $9,995. The dealer agreed to $9,100, out the door price was $9,800

Thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
35 Posts
A loal dealer has a leftover 07. They want 15,600 before tax. They say it is 3000 of msrp plus 700 freight and setup.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Typically any dealer (MV or not) for any on-the-floor bike will sell it OTD for MSRP.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So $14,495 is probably a good deal for this bike? I could probably get it out the door for a lot less than MSRP. I wonder if they would take even less for cash.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
it looks good, go on "do a deal" buy it :D

just think how nice it will look sitting in your garage

buy it, you know you want to :smoking:

·
Registered
104 Posts
MOST dealers (if not all) will not be inclined to lower the price even if you pay cash. The reason is they make money on the financing. The dealer gets a cut of the interest you pay on the loan. Most dealers call this 'back end' profit.

Keeping this in mind, if you do finance the motorcycle, remember that not only is the price negotiable, but many times the interest rate is as well.

Also remember a few other things...for example, let's say you want an additional $200 off the price of the bike. The dealer tells you that they cannot go any lower on the price, but will throw-in a $200 dollar helmet. BUT, that helmet did not cost the dealer $200. They paid less.

Practically all deals are negotiable. The dealer must make a profit to stay in business and that is understood. As a buyer, you must get a deal you feel is fair and establish a good relationship with your dealer.

Tim

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Also reralize the profit margins on MV's are slimmer thanmost bikes, and the dealer has less room to play with.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Biknut said:
So $14,495 is probably a good deal for this bike? I could probably get it out the door for a lot less than MSRP. I wonder if they would take even less for cash.
$14,495 is the MSRP for a Brutale 910... the only time it will be a "good" deal is if your OTD price is BELOW that number.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sig.Scuro said:
$14,495 is the MSRP for a Brutale 910... the only time it will be a "good" deal is if your OTD price is BELOW that number.
So right. For some reason I thought they were more than that. Yesterday was the first time I've ever been to that shop. The place was packed.

I really didn't want to talk to anybody anyway, because the last time I did that I ended up writing a check for a new bike. I'm still in the research phase.

·
Registered
51 Posts
see your other post. There are two models. 910R and 910S. Your photo is a 910S. Best new deal would be a left over 2006 or 2007. Very few differences. Even if your dealer does not have he should be able to get one for you.

Again check out the classifieds here. There are some awesome deals on low mileage used.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Guys: This is like pulling teeth here....The only definition of a 'good deal' is in the minds of the buyer and the seller.

I've been in the automobile business for 31 years. I've sold cars below cost that the customer felt wasn't a good deal for whatever reason, and conversely, I've sold cars for over list price that the customer felt was a great deal.

Your dealer has to make a reasonable profit in order to survive, and subsequently add to your future enjoyment of your motorcycle. Arm yourself with reasonable parameters on price, but do not let price be the sole arbiter in your decision.

I've chosen to pay more in the past from a specific dealership because of several factors: geography/convenience, confidence in the sales and service staff, inventory availability, etc. Very shortly after you write the check, you'll forget the specific dollar paid. If you buy from a bad dealer, that experience will haunt you for a long time.

Comments?

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Randarosa said:
Guys: This is like pulling teeth here....The only definition of a 'good deal' is in the minds of the buyer and the seller.

I've been in the automobile business for 31 years. I've sold cars below cost that the customer felt wasn't a good deal for whatever reason, and conversely, I've sold cars for over list price that the customer felt was a great deal.

Your dealer has to make a reasonable profit in order to survive, and subsequently add to your future enjoyment of your motorcycle. Arm yourself with reasonable parameters on price, but do not let price be the sole arbiter in your decision.

I've chosen to pay more in the past from a specific dealership because of several factors: geography/convenience, confidence in the sales and service staff, inventory availability, etc. Very shortly after you write the check, you'll forget the specific dollar paid. If you buy from a bad dealer, that experience will haunt you for a long time.

Comments?
Agreed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Timing "The Deal"...

...I think the end of the month is just about the best time to buy, deal-wise for a new or used bike. Seems like the last two vehicles I bought were at the end of the month...even the last day of the month. Other thoughts?

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Zixxer2Go said:
...I think the end of the month is just about the best time to buy, deal-wise for a new or used bike. Seems like the last two vehicles I bought were at the end of the month...even the last day of the month. Other thoughts?
Absolutely correct for logical reasons: Salespeople, managers, dealership, not to mention the factory, are up against quotas or unpaid bills. Since forever, we always did 50% of our business in the last 10 days of the month. When the last two days of the month fall on a Saturday, jackpot. People trying to make chicken salad out of chicken poop. As a salesperson, manager, and dealer, I was always willing to take a shorter deal in the last week of the month. Nothing underhanded or devious, just the desire to finish strong, or the fear of not doing so.

One final note: I've never noticed this phenomenon to be driven by the customer. Our floor traffic was generally consistent throughout the month. The last ten day push is driven by the house and their priorities, not the customer, and their understanding of the calender. Unless you've made your living on commission, you just wouldn't understand.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts