MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is located on the left side in front of the rectifier.

I'm guessing it might be the exhaust actuator valve, and since the Brutale has full exhaust not needed. But it makes a clicking sound when the ignition is first turned on and it has me curious.

Attachments

·
Registered
983 Posts

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,805 Posts
The exhaust valve actuator cycles when the key is turned on, so if it only makes the sound for a moment and then stops that is what you are hearing.

·
Registered
565 Posts
You can get an exhaust servo eliminator if that actuator ever fails. I think its around $50 US and will take care of any code you might have on your dashboard if that happens.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking it was the actuator but just wanted to double check.

When it makes it clicking sounds the backlight for the instrument cluster appears to flicker. Not sure why this is happening. Rather stumped.

I will look into a servo eliminator, I have helped friends do this on their GSXR's.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I unplug and took mine out of the bike, just a small light come up on dash, nothing to be worried about. The bike runs better and cooler without it.

·
Super Moderator
22,312 Posts
Randy, what you really want to do is to disconnect the mechanical cables at the exhaust valve end. If you leave the servo hooked up, and disconnect the cables at the valve, then the system still sees the servo actuate when the key is turned (this is an operational test) and you will get no light. However, the exhaust valve will be open under all circumstances.

IMG_0006rc.jpg

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The cables themselves were already removed possibly Number2 did it with the install of the full Arrow exhaust or Curtis... Not sure who added the exhaust.

The noise itself was only bothering me a little, but the flashing / flickering of the instrument cluster backlight to the same rhythm of the clicking sound was very concerning to me. I do not want any electrical gremlins especially with just buying the Brutale.

I went ahead and installed a Healtech Exhaust Servo Eliminator. For $59.99 I figured it was worth a shot. It worked!!! No check engine light, no sound, and even better the cluster backlight no longer flickers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts