1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I don't know if it's something you don't know, but the first thing I would do for any serious riding is put on rearsets.

The Cycle Cynch method to tie down the bike is pretty nice, second probably only to the strapless method that goes through the rear axle.

I can't think of much else.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I haven't bought it yet, but from past experiences the best value for your dollar and riding enjoyment is attending a good track school.

I've been to several of Reg Pridmore's schools on the West coast...Laguna Seca, Sears Point (Infineon), and Pacific Raceway (Seattle). Each time I came away with new understanding of what my bike could do and what I could sense it doing.

I've already got one set up for Sears Point in October. It is not a school to learn how to be a racer; it is to better understand what your bike is telling you as you ride it with an emphasis on safety on the road.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lkyk9 said:
I haven't bought it yet, but from past experiences the best value for your dollar and riding enjoyment is attending a good track school.

I've been to several of Reg Pridmore's schools on the West coast...Laguna Seca, Sears Point (Infineon), and Pacific Raceway (Seattle). Each time I came away with new understanding of what my bike could do and what I could sense it doing.

I've already got one set up for Sears Point in October. It is not a school to learn how to be a racer; it is to better understand what your bike is telling you as you ride it with an emphasis on safety on the road.
i'm glad you posted this
perfect advice

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
spalding12 said:
thanks for these great thoughts

which rearsets did YOU choose?
Sato. They make beautiful stuff. And they seem to be more involved with motorsports than some other accessory companies.

If you get rearsets, you have to loctite all the bolts, figured I'd toss that in there.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm fine with the rearsets and with just about everything else stock on the bike. But to be sure, I don't track this thing. Have another bike for that. Where I have a weakness is the exhaust note. Parked RG3's with a perfectly mated PC III to the F41000. A little extra performance, a few lbs saved, a deeper exhaust note, a nice different-than-stock gold color. Have a pic somewhere...

·
Registered
114 Posts
acruhl said:
Sato. They make beautiful stuff. And they seem to be more involved with motorsports than some other accessory companies.

If you get rearsets, you have to loctite all the bolts, figured I'd toss that in there.
Yep Sato makes some high quality gear, I have the rearsets also, though I replaced them out of necessity. Couldn't go back to the standard ones now.

Fantastic shot there Sfarson! Always enjoy your pics

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sfarson said:
I'm fine with the rearsets and with just about everything else stock on the bike. But to be sure, I don't track this thing. Have another bike for that. Where I have a weakness is the exhaust note. Parked RG3's with a perfectly mated PC III to the F41000. A little extra performance, a few lbs saved, a deeper exhaust note, a nice different-than-stock gold color. Have a pic somewhere...

i know that the exhaust is where my monies will be spent... in great amounts...
first, i will await the installation of my 1/2 system and EPROM....
and then i'll see when/if i'll buy that full Ti system....
whenever IT is made available in large enough quantities for any of us to see one

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
well...being that safety comes before perfomance (who said that), i think the ONE aftermarket product we SHOULD own would be HID headlight. don't know about brutale but the f4 beam pattern sure benefits from the extra 200 lumens or so. :D anybody who's made the switch can see the light. :naughty:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
style_one said:
well...being that safety comes before perfomance (who said that), i think the ONE aftermarket product we SHOULD own would be HID headlight. don't know about brutale but the f4 beam pattern sure benefits from the extra 200 lumens or so. :D anybody who's made the switch can see the light. :naughty:
so, you are saying that the charging system of the brutale or F4 can handle the extra load of the HID system?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
the HID system uses a ballast and doesn't draw a bunch of current. it actually draws less than the bulb you have in there now. it works like a flourescent. the biggest ZAP so to speak comes when it first blasts on. after it's running, it burns very little energy. that's why the toyota PRIUS uses them as stock lighting, to save battery power. and HID's don't even come standard on the camry.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
246 Posts
sfarson said:

Great photo, sfarson. You could open an album and put all the nice photos in there as well :stickpoke

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
sfarson said:

The yours it is pure reality!Compliments.
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts