MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have my F3 800 about 1 month plus and put on 4400km on it. Today have a 100km ride and stop for a while and this is the time I notice that smoke coming from front wheel. Take a closer look and it's the leak from radiator that the coolant "pump" from the leak! Please do note that I m not talking about stone hitting the radiator but it actually crack and leak itself! After this happen to my previous B3 800 and I thought F3 800 redesigned radiator will be better, but not! Well, this is truly disappointed that I have to pay so much for this bike to worry these things again!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wheres the problem get it changed you still got warranty or????
Problem is I m not living at Italy and I hardly believe that the part will be available immediately over at Msia here! Problem is the same problem still exist and it will happen again even changed the new radiator without redesign a "new radiator". And I believe you have seen my post that I have my bike like 1 month plus so you tell me I still got my warranty cover?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thats the point if you live in a country like that and buy such a bike you have to get used to long waiting and bad support sorry for you...

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problem. Cracked radiator is not a common issue here. First time I'm hearing about a redesigned radiator for the F3?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I have sent my bike to my dealer for replacing the radiator. Anywhere my dealer will change a new starter clutch and a new style of shift gear indicator. Does anyone of you heard about new style of shift gear indicator?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's just a revised item, the old one when it fails keeps flicking up and down between gears
Hi Ackers, thanks for clearing my doubt. So I suppose that after the new shift gear indicator installed, there will be flicking up and down of the gear anymore?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
It's not the gear shift indicator it's the sensor on the gearbox that tells the display what gear your in. When mine failed it would flick up and down on the display 3rd/4th or 5th/6th etc

Not had any problems since it was replaced back in November.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
It's not the gear shift indicator it's the sensor on the gearbox that tells the display what gear your in...
It's not "JUST" the sensor. The revised unit also comes with a new section of wire harness that according to my mechanic requires loosening or removal of many body panels to find it's connection point.

·
Registered
895 Posts
It has one plug just above the sensor behind the frame rail, and a length of wire that runs back to the pillion seat area that plugs into the diagnostic socket. So yes, you must remove the rear panels, not really a big job though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts