MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys have a look at what shops are fitting in New Zealand.
This will stop your radiator from splitting in the near future.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
The support hook that attaches to the lower fan also acts as a brace which stops the radiators from moving around.

I think the radiator split is due to improper fit of the lower fan not being hooked up or the rubber gromit has made its way loose. Doing hard landings from wheelies can easily dislodge the rubber gromit, so the radiators will be just hanging from the top.

I was doing wheelies on my old 750 and the gromit made itself loose from the hard landing. I notice later on that the rubber gromit has gone brittle and hard from the heat of the pipes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The support hook that attaches to the lower fan also acts as a brace which stops the radiators from moving around.

I think the radiator split is due to improper fit of the lower fan not being hooked up or the rubber gromit has made its way loose. Doing hard landings from wheelies can easily dislodge the rubber gromit, so the radiators will be just hanging from the top.

I was doing wheelies on my old 750 and the gromit made itself loose from the hard landing. I notice later on that the rubber gromit has gone brittle and hard from the heat of the pipes.

The Guy that owns the bike in the photo had just brought a new 1000s rode it home from the shop ,about 200 miles and she had split in that time. in the same place as everyone else on this site incl my 07 Senna that went twice.
I am looking to bye a 312RR but won't till my dealer can reassure me this fault is fixed.

·
Registered
307 Posts
to Stegen:

hope you understand this...

·
Registered
705 Posts
to Stegen:

hope you understand this...
yeah but it still doesnt make me feel much better about spending $15k on a used bike to only find out i have to do a bunch of shit to it. REALLY REALLY want one but now im not so sure, the electronics sound like a PITA as well. But I know dreams cost money.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The F4 has minor problems compared to other premium bikes, and more along the line of quality of a Japanese inline 4. Not even a vaunted Honda is perfect. If you want perfection, purchase a bike from God.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
hmm if your sooo worried then you better stick with your suzkawonda. So you think MV is bad, google and check out how easy it is to render a CBR1000RR with a toothpick and have Honda give you a bill for $3000? Or how easily the frame cracks on a GSXR1000, or the problems some owners having with the R1 fuel injections. No bike is perfect mate, so just get on with it.

Honestly, I had two MVs (as well as others who has also have multiple MVs) and have clocked up over 50,000km in two years and have not any major issue with the MV what so ever.

yeah but it still doesnt make me feel much better about spending $15k on a used bike to only find out i have to do a bunch of shit to it. REALLY REALLY want one but now im not so sure, the electronics sound like a PITA as well. But I know dreams cost money.

·
King of Bling
9,808 Posts
Hi guys have a look at what shops are fitting in New Zealand.
This will stop your radiator from splitting in the near future.
Hi debo..

I’m a great believer in preventative action, as apposed to reactionary .. Were can I get my hands on one of these brackets.. I know I could probably scrabble around and make one… but hey, I also know that I’m a lazy bugger.. :stickpoke

Can you help out with this ???

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Understood. just worried is all. I believe i've made up my mind to get one and just take it one at a time if problems arise.

:stickpoke BUY BUY BUY:stickpoke ... join the club mate, why procrastinate.

IT IS YOUR DESTINY! (cue: Darth Vader breathing) :)

Thats a great little mod, glad to see someones on the ball.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Stegen,

This is my second mv and honetly it is like any other premium toy, it is $$$ to maintain but use this site it has so much info for preventative action on it.. But like minime stated all the bikes have their flaws just got to choose a poisen, my poisen is well worth it and i will own more of em. Enjoy go buy one!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi debo..

I’m a great believer in preventative action, as apposed to reactionary .. Were can I get my hands on one of these brackets.. I know I could probably scrabble around and make one… but hey, I also know that I’m a lazy bugger.. :stickpoke

Can you help out with this ???
Hey dude, from the looks of it the shop has just bent up some light gauge metal to fix the problem and save face because the factory sure isn't doing jack shit about it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts