21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Well... Arrived in NZ via two forum members - my thanks goes out to them again. I'm super happy with them, can't wait to get them on the bike :)

If you look up the definition of the word 'bargain' or 'deal' - you will see a set of these wheels!! :) :)

View attachment 320498

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just for kicks, can you weigh the wheels separately and see what they weigh in at before you get tires and weights on them? I'm interested to know without taking mine off, haha.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sure thing. Going todo this weekend... Do you want bearings out?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Sure thing. Going todo this weekend... Do you want bearings out?

If you can yeah. If not no big deal. I just want a comparison to the other wheels I have.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Don't remove the bearings Simon, you'll be sorry, anyway, all other weight comparisons we have is with wheel bearing in them.
Ah, yea sorry about that... Didn't realize they were already in there. +1 for what Dons said.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Roger.. i think i would have got to weighing them and decided that anyway. :wtf::wtf:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
sorry guys.. mate was coming round on the weekend with his digital scales, but got caught up. Will be doing it in the next day or so.

Simon

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
sorry guys.. mate was coming round on the weekend with his digital scales, but got caught up. Will be doing it in the next day or so.

Simon
Take your time, just wondering :)

·
Registered
984 Posts
When I changed tires on my Brutale with ultra light wheels today I weighed rear rim. (3,2kg)

My F4 have the same wheels as the picture in the first post . So When I switch tires on my F4 RR Corsacorta I will also weigh the back rim with the same fishing weight I used today. I think ultra light wheels weigh less.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1466108306.367189.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1466108321.873598.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
When I changed tires on my Brutale with ultra light wheels today I weighed rear rim. (3,2kg)

My F4 have the same wheels as the picture in the first post . So When I switch tires on my F4 RR Corsacorta I will also weigh the back rim with the same fishing weight I used today. I think ultra light wheels weigh less.
Interesting.. ive got a set of scales finally so will be checking mine this evening.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Ok... The set of scales wouldn't read that low... So finally got some that would.

Front with bearings and valves: 3.675kg
Rear with valves: 3.730kg

No wheel weights.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks Simon.

Id be interested to know how they compare with other wheels/models.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
25.55 lbs/11.61kg original alloy 'Stars'
17.62 lbs/8.01kg 10 spoke 'Superlights', Marchesini
16.6 lbs/7.54kg CF, BST
15.5 lbs/7.04kg original Mg 'Stars'
13.8 lbs/6.27kg 10 spoke Mg Marchesini

numbers from MotoWheels, with bearings and spacers

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Interesting. So lighter than BST CF?

·
Registered
984 Posts

View attachment 322249
View attachment 322257

Today I changed tires on my F4 and I weighed the rear rim. This rim weighs a little more then a superlight rim.
F4rr rim 3,4kg
Brutale rim 3,2kg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1470080864.215155.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1470080877.452154.jpg

21 - 40 of 44 Posts