MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know what these wheels are from - i think they are a B3, so i'm guessing they will not fit a B4 990R?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually i think these are from a MY12 1090RR?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, not from a B3, that's a 6" rear. The Corsa also came out with those wheels, very nice.
Cheers Donsy - so would these fit my 990R? Im guessing so yes?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just check the front wheel bearing part numbers, I imagine they would Simon as the 990 and 1090 share those parts. Better to make sure.
Cool - yep they are a match.

Thanks!!

I think they will look quite nice on my 990R :)

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Anyone know the weight on these or mfg? They look very similar to ultra-lite brembos on the 1078RR, but a little different. Wondering if maybe they are just as light in weight?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone know the weight on these or mfg? They look very similar to ultra-lite brembos on the 1078RR, but a little different. Wondering if maybe they are just as light in weight?
Im pretty sure that they are the same as:

http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagustastore/index.php/wheels/brutale2010/mvcorse/rdwl002099.html

But just in black rather than grey. Star Twin list them as "MV Agusta Corse Black Wheels" and have a note that says "Save 2,5 kg of unsprung weight".. but they don't list what you save it from :)

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Yeah I'd like to know also Simon ? Please weigh them without wheel weights on once you get them?
The ultra-lite Brembos are excactly the same as the ultra-lite Marchesini's Curtis, I actually think the Brembos came out on the early 1000R's first (My 06 had them on from new). The one company owns the other.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I'd like to know also Simon ? Please weigh them without wheel weights on once you get them?
The ultra-lite Brembos are excactly the same as the ultra-lite Marchesini's Curtis, I actually think the Brembos came out on the early 1000R's first (My 06 had them on from new). The one company owns the other.
Will do.. :)

So these are the ultra-lite Brembos?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
So these are the ultra-lite Brembos?
No their not Simon, that's why the question about the weight, they look a bit similiar and we don't know who makes them for the Brutale.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No their not Simon, that's why the question about the weight, they look a bit similiar and we don't know who makes them for the Brutale.
Anyone know what this logo is?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well... Arrived in NZ via two forum members - my thanks goes out to them again. I'm super happy with them, can't wait to get them on the bike :)

If you look up the definition of the word 'bargain' or 'deal' - you will see a set of these wheels!! :) :)

Image1465344837.374384.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The one thing missing is the valves - Does anyone know where i can get a set?

PS: Donsy - i will weigh these as soon as i can sort something todo that with :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts