MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a new jacket soon.

Currently wear an Alpine Stars leather sports jacket and will be looking at a similar style.

Located in Australia. Happy to spend up to the AUD$700ish mark.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Love my Dainese. My old delmar jacket held up excellently after a highside.

New jacket. Dainese Racing3. Keep it conditioned and it will last forever. My old jacket was over 7 years old, still looked new (minus the highside :D ) My only complaint on the new jacket is I had to buy a torx screwdriver, as the shoulder pads are screwed in vs the old jacket were fixed. They def need some blue loctite. Kind of annoying.

Reactions: anothermvfanatic

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Alpinestars GP plus
2 side pockets, and 2 inner pockets for a wallet or phone. One of those is waterproof.
400,- when I bought it.

Not a jacket but a suit. Macgna exone. 350,- sale.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Love my Dainese. My old delmar jacket held up excellently after a highside.

New jacket. Dainese Racing3. Keep it conditioned and it will last forever. My old jacket was over 7 years old, still looked new (minus the highside :D ) My only complaint on the new jacket is I had to buy a torx screwdriver, as the shoulder pads are screwed in vs the old jacket were fixed. They def need some blue loctite. Kind of annoying.

I have the same old one u have. Can I ask how often u condition it an how often u wore it?

·
Registered
616 Posts
I trust these guys near Milan /Italy

https://www.gimoto.com/en

Have one made to my size - fits like a second skin but more on the tight side. Chosen Cangaroo.

Lasts more than 3 years without fade or anything like that...
Qualitiy outstanding.

·
Administrator
21,082 Posts
@theknurl .... you're missing a few of the variations !! :stickpoke:rolleyes:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Only 6 at the moment :) the only MV branded kit I have is a t-shirt and cap from the dealer.....

Helstons black leather with waterproof liner for winter
Kushitani brown leather retro cafe race style for majority of time on road
Vanson sportrider vented black leather for summer
Vanson cordura mesh for excessively hot (not very often in UK!)
Dainese 2 pc black leather race suit for occasional track use
Roland Sands brown perforated leather summer jacket

Attachments

·
Registered
565 Posts
Vanson....you'll brag about it 20 years from now!
Yep....its a few years old already...I love their leather jackets, and would buy more if readily available over here at US prices. I bought these in US some years ago when the $ was nearly 2:1 against the £ :)

Importing a new Vanson jacket over here, adds 20-40% to the USD price with import taxes and shipping weight :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Since this is a thread about jackets, wondering if anyone can give me info on this one. Only identifiers are MV Corse in a number of areas and Tamburini on the hem; jacket is fully lined, no pockets for armor; I was wondering how old it is, if it had a model name, any other info someone might have.

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,082 Posts
I got no idea, but what a nice looking jacket !! Maybe from the first years of Cagiva ownership/production? i.e.: 1999 ~2001 ???

Reactions: iwannagofast

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Since this is a thread about jackets, wondering if anyone can give me info on this one. Only identifiers are MV Corse in a number of areas and Tamburini on the hem; jacket is fully lined, no pockets for armor; I was wondering how old it is, if it had a model name, any other info someone might have.
sent u a pm

1 - 20 of 44 Posts