·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
spalding12 said:
is this because of the elimination of the catalytic converter?
Correct, that alone is said to help much, but I it will further alow me to ceramic coat from the headers to the beg. of the tailpipes for even more cooling effect.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
261 Posts
spalding12 said:
if i might ask what is probably a very pedestrian question,
what exact ceramic coating will you use and how is it applied?

in Florida, as in Arizone.... these issues are of paramount importance

thanks in advance
Ceramic coating provides an insulating quality to the exhaust which keeps more of the heat inside the pipe, thus accelerating the gases out more efficiently. It keeps the outside temps cooler and will add a little horsepower to boot. I plan to do mine in a gold satin patina that closely matches the gold of stainless pipe. It also will get rid of the blueing so common to stainless as well. I will do a before and after shot to show the difference. My local shop will do my headers and mid pipe for $165.00 which is reasonable. Even though I may pick up a few horsepower in the process, I am doing it primarily for cooling and looks.

Lorenzo

·
Registered
312 Posts
lorenzotx said:
Ceramic coating provides an insulating quality to the exhaust which keeps more of the heat inside the pipe, thus accelerating the gases out more efficiently. It keeps the outside temps cooler and will add a little horsepower to boot. I plan to do mine in a gold satin patina that closely matches the gold of stainless pipe. It also will get rid of the blueing so common to stainless as well. I will do a before and after shot to show the difference. My local shop will do my headers and mid pipe for $165.00 which is reasonable. Even though I may pick up a few horsepower in the process, I am doing it primarily for cooling and looks.

Lorenzo
thats quit intresting, first time i ever hear of such thing :rolleyes: , hope to see pictures soon :naughty:

My next purchase will be :
- new tires (again :rant: )

My next purchase could be :
- steering damper
- mid pipe swap

and after reading lorenzotx reply i'm thinking of buying the inox midpipe instead of the titanium (save a lot of money), let it paint with that ceramic coating and put the titanium mufflers on the end

·
Registered
78 Posts
I didn't realize the effect that would help on cooling but it sounds great. I was riding yesterday and the engine was puting off so much heat that the footpegs were burning hot to the touch. This bike puts off some serious heat.

·
Registered
774 Posts
End bar mirror.

The goal is simply trying to see something but my shoulder behind me !

·
Registered
261 Posts
juice it said:
I didn't realize the effect that would help on cooling but it sounds great. I was riding yesterday and the engine was puting off so much heat that the footpegs were burning hot to the touch. This bike puts off some serious heat.
Exhaust coatings have now become sort of a hotrod standard thing to do for may race engines, primarily in the race car world. The motorcyle guys are starting to do it more often now and the idea is catching on. There seems to be some performance benefit as well as looking good and there are a number of color possibilities for those customizers out there.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lorenzotx said:

Lorenzo
well,
i'm going to have to find someone in my area who will do that....
i doubt that my dealer has anyone who will.... but, i'll ask
i will look forward to watching your progress
it's definitely a modification i'll be doing as well

thanks for your help

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MV Blackie said:
thats quit intresting, first time i ever hear of such thing :rolleyes: , hope to see pictures soon :naughty:

My next purchase will be :
- new tires (again :rant: )

My next purchase could be :
- steering damper
- mid pipe swap

and after reading lorenzotx reply i'm thinking of buying the inox midpipe instead of the titanium (save a lot of money), let it paint with that ceramic coating and put the titanium mufflers on the end
i'm quite interested in that ohlins/scotts rotary dampener for the bike
http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/steeringdampers2.htm
though they are quite expensive

i'm just not sure how a naked bike like the brutale will look with any OTHER kind of dampener

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
juice it said:
the bike has such a high horsepower/liter output....
heat is the result of WORK done by the motor

i've always wondered if the Yamaha R1-LE (which makes even MORE horsepower/liter - 173/998cc) gives off as much heat

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lorenzotx said:
Exhaust coatings have now become sort of a hotrod standard thing to do for may race engines, primarily in the race car world. The motorcyle guys are starting to do it more often now and the idea is catching on. There seems to be some performance benefit as well as looking good and there are a number of color possibilities for those customizers out there.
how, exactly, does the coating go on, if i might ask?

·
Registered
101 Posts
While the Ohlins is very nice looking, I personally like the more stealth, black Matris from E-moto. It is very easy to mount, very adjustable, and works WELL.....experience spoken here after a very hard exit from a tight turn, the damper made it absolutely stable. Prior to the damper, the same turn under similar conditions was quite a "shaky" experience.

Both work well I'm sure; all up to personal tastes.

Here's a pic of my Matris with a small Signa bike computer for Max. speed, aveage speed, and elasped time.

Attachments

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
78 Posts
What exactly does a steering damper to for an average rider? Is it mainly for hard serious driving and tracks or would it do something for everyday street riding?

·
Registered
774 Posts
juice it said:
What exactly does a steering damper to for an average rider? Is it mainly for hard serious driving and tracks or would it do something for everyday street riding?

It really change you everyday life by making the bike more stable and avoid "tankslapping"

I put a Matris on my 910S. It's a new bike !

1 - 20 of 41 Posts