MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious what do you guys think that it actually costs mv agusta to make a f4 at the factory....how about the cc i bet its pretty cheap just wondering if anyone knows for sure.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i have no clue, im gonna take a ballpark guess on the F4 and say $19,000 USD
as for the CC i think i read somewhere that it cost quite a few thousand less than the retail price to make it, as their intent with the CC was to make a bit of spare cash, while in the mean time making an epic bike.

·
The Machinist
2,448 Posts
i have no clue, im gonna take a ballpark guess on the F4 and say $19,000 USD
as for the CC i think i read somewhere that it cost quite a few thousand less than the retail price to make it, as their intent with the CC was to make a bit of spare cash, while in the mean time making an epic bike.
I would venture to guess about half that cost.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
^^I'd wager you're pretty wrong---There's A LOT of stuff to add up when you calculate the cost of making something: R&D, overhead, advertising, tooling, etc, etc...

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
The fact is, unless you have a direct contact at the factory (unlikely) and he/she probably risks their position by telling you (highly unlikey), we will never know.:blah:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
How do you define cost? Does cost include equipment depreciation, advertising, maintenance on facilities, R&D, legal expense, currency fluxuation, etc, etc, etc??? I respectfully submit that MV might not actually know what the cost of a vehicle is. If they sell 5000, the cost is one number. If they sell 6000, the cost is an entirely different number for a zillion reasons.....

·
Registered
796 Posts
i would suspect that the initial cost when they launched the f4 was high,they literally started from nothing,with a low or even no profit margin;but after launching the liter version and the brutale they managed to be more efficient and buy parts in greater quantities,and more expensive parts and technologies in order to keep the product somewhat fresh at lower prices than before which in turn led to a higher profit margin...therefore this is one of the reason that delays the release of a new model,among others.they wait until demand starts to decrease significantly for the f4 in all of it s incarnations and then put theyr minds into a new model.the conclusion,based on what i ve read on the forum about the low curent sales on the f4 range is that a new model is bound to be coming up soon,if mv wants to stay in bussiness on the scale that we are acustomed with

·
The Machinist
2,448 Posts
^^I'd wager you're pretty wrong---There's A LOT of stuff to add up when you calculate the cost of making something: R&D, overhead, advertising, tooling, etc, etc...

I have a pretty good idea of what the dealerships get the bikes for. After they pay shipping and blah blah. MV have been producing the same bike for 10 years with minor changes. I know what it costs to make things I'm in the manufacturing business. If they couldn't make the bike for $10000 they would have been out of business along time ago.:)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
i mean after r&d after the other fees are out of the way just the parts cost and putting it together i agree with b harris no way over 10 grand even

·
Registered
776 Posts
I would say about 10k for a R1000 F4, about 30-40 for the CC and maybe 7k for the brut.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts