MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Head bolts Frame Mount different

Ok ready to do the big swap today , but noticed something . The bolts that go through the frame into the head on the black bike are just direct bolts like on the rear of the frame, but on the red bike it seems to be a 2 piece pin type system.:stickpoke

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Ok ready to do the big swap today , but noticed something . The bolts that go through the frame into the head on the black bike are just direct bolts like on the rear of the frame, but on the red bike it seems to be a 2 piece pin type system.:stickpoke

are u referring to MY 2010 bike as compared to 2009 and previous ? Are you fitting a MY10 engine into an earlier bikes rolling chassis ?

joe

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are u referring to MY 2010 bike as compared to 2009 and previous ? Are you fitting a MY10 engine into an earlier bikes rolling chassis ?

joe

It all worked out,,someone had just put different bolts in the old bike,guess they used the proper ones for something else

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, asked a lil in another thread BUT.

Wanna try to fire up this old 750 ( 2004 ) The main box on tank is missing but looking for a replacement and I have no gauge cluster
( which I was told I need to start the bike ) ,,DO I need the cluster ?

Also I see clusters marked 05-09 ,,what is the year breakdown on these things ? and why ?

also if I have just those missing parts should I be able to start the motor ?
Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Model breakdown ? I've posted the link to the model breakdown for you in your other thread, click on it and you'll be much the wiser. 99-09 use the same dash, 99-06 use the same ECU.

I know I've run my 1000 with the later 5SM ECU without a dash, without problems, so not sure if the 750 with the older 1.6SM ECU would run without a dash, only one way to find out.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Model breakdown ? I've posted the link to the model breakdown for you in your other thread, click on it and you'll be much the wiser. 99-09 use the same dash, 99-06 use the same ECU.

I know I've run my 1000 with the later 5SM ECU without a dash, without problems, so not sure if the 750 with the older 1.6SM ECU would run without a dash, only one way to find out.

Hope this helps.

Very much so thank you

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Success, fired it up, no gas tanks but got it to run for a short bit :)
Got an original ecu, switches and calipers,,need to find brake and clutch levers as both are broken BUT they work.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts