MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

What is it with MV that they NEVER list the F4 SR 750 on their official list of models? What gives? I can understand that when they released them they did not want to advertise them as they could have under cut the SPR sales, but I cannot figure out why MV PRETENDS that the SR model does not exist. :cussing: It's not as if they are lemons.

DocMV

:stickpoke :stickpoke :stickpoke :stickpoke

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Maybe because they weren't distributed to all countries??? Only thing I can think of....

Any differences between the F4 750 and it other than the fact it's the last year?

<----- MV noob

·
Registered
474 Posts
The SR 750 was the made from the parts bin when the 750 AGO was canned.

I'm telling you it's the only collectors item modern MV cos' it was never released/marketed as a Limited Edition :stickpoke :later:

·
Registered
114 Posts
DoctorMV said:
Hi all

What is it with MV that they NEVER list the F4 SR 750 on their official list of models? What gives? I can understand that when they released them they did not want to advertise them as they could have under cut the SPR sales, but I cannot figure out why MV PRETENDS that the SR model does not exist. :cussing: It's not as if they are lemons.

DocMV

:stickpoke :stickpoke :stickpoke :stickpoke
This bugs the hell out of me also, whenever I go to sort something out on the insurance, it takes a good hour for them to realise that its not listed then note me as a F4S anyway.

Maybe our bikes are so rare, MV don't even know they exist :naughty: :toothless

Cheers

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Steptoe said:

I'm telling you it's the only collectors item modern MV cos' it was never released/marketed as a Limited Edition :stickpoke :later:
good point.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Steptoe said:

:cool:
Oddly enough, it WAS marketed as "the special final edition F4750" in both the UK and Japan. Maybe this was just the importers taking up MCN's description?

See http://www.mvagustauk.com/ for UK marketing blurb (you need to go to "model information", and then to "road tests"):

F4 SR - MV's special final edition

Limited numbers mark end of line for glorious 750 superbike

"....This is MV's take on a budget bike. Despite it being fitted with a 143bhp motor from the exclusive £16,500 F4 SPR, the MV F4 SR is just £300 more than the base model F4S."​

The promo also carries the Motor Cycle News review of the F4 SR:
http://images.nxgn-ltd.com/documents/1267F4 750 Final Edition MCN.pdf

Of course, MV did belatedly send out the correct owners manual for the F4 SR, which is on the MV website.

Well, I for one am very pleased that I managed to pickup an SR.... :king:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts