MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..... that makes it such a good bike on the track?

If you guys have noticed, the MV is competitive in all mag shootouts. It had the fastest laptime in Masterbike this year. Lapped faster than the R1 LE in the latest Sport Rider. It lapped faster than a Gixxer 1K in the hands of Doug Chandler.

It seems like the package as a whole is a competitive one when the spec sheet would imply otherwise. For example: It's heavy like the Honda, doesn't have the most HP, and has it's faults like abrupt fueling and so on.

I just wanted to hear about your experiences with the MV on the track and what you think makes this bike stand out from the other inlines.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I have very little track experience but for the canyon riding I've been doing, I think it has to do with the riding position and the weight over the front end. The only bikes that really gave me confidence were the MVs and 748/996 Ducatis. The 999 was close but I didn't feel as confident in the front end.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Turbo329 said:
..... that makes it such a good bike on the track?
Exquisite fork and frame + riding position is perfect for track use. Most other bike were wompromised to make them a lil more comfortable for everyday use. The MV comes out of the factory ready to kick ass.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
it would have to be the confidence the bike transmits to the rider. this more than likely comes from the front end/frame/riding position as previously stated. with performance numbers so close, what would make the difference is the rider. and it comes down to what the rider believes they can do on the bike as much if not more so that what the bike can do. sad thing is, it can make a lesser experienced person a little TOO invincible. :nerd:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I really think there is something to the riding position (similar to Ducati) and the steel frame together. Obviously there are the high end suspension components too... But I think there is something they have figured out that the Japanese just haven't figured out.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
If you look above at Andy's avatar, that picture says it all. A confident rider, well positioned on a refined racing machine. It is the combination of rider and machine.

Overall...BALANCE

G

·
0 Posts
Its the Trellis frame, the weight distribution, the riding position, and of course suspension. The new F4 motor also has a character about it on how it revs and deleivers power, it seems like the motor almost knows your thoughts just as well as the chasis does. I think this bike bridges the gap between Man and Machine better then any other bike out there. They nailed the Physics of a motorcycle on this machine better then anyone else has ever done. If you would get any more feedback from the bike then its already giving you it would start talking to you. I swear it!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Velocemoto said:
Front end...
Ducati has excellent frontend feedback but Mv F4 has great frontend feedback. The excellent feel in general is the result of the trellis CrMo frame. The main difference between the Ducati and the Mv F4 frame is the ability for a rider to induce a "Bostrom Weave", hence degree of stiffness. The stronger/re-enforced F4 frame makes it very difficult. The 999 chassis stiffness is somewhere in between the 996 and the F4.

I don't know if the latest Japanese literbike front suspension is that bad, Andy. When you compare Showa to Showa...

·
Registered
822 Posts
Its the turn sinals, they inspire confidence directly to the riders colon, which as I'm sure you already know, is where it counts.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Glarepro said:
Its the Trellis frame, the weight distribution, the riding position, and of course suspension. The new F4 motor also has a character about it on how it revs and deleivers power, it seems like the motor almost knows your thoughts just as well as the chasis does. I think this bike bridges the gap between Man and Machine better then any other bike out there. They nailed the Physics of a motorcycle on this machine better then anyone else has ever done. If you would get any more feedback from the bike then its already giving you it would start talking to you. I swear it!
(...This not shot at you) I am curious to whether or not you own a Mv F4 as you gave a very definative answer to the original question. From the list of bikes you listed in your response, you didn't mentioned owning one. If not, how much time did you have on a F4, 750cc or 1000cc?

G

·
0 Posts
No I do not own an MV, But I did get the chance to test ride an F4-1000S and I have to say that I will not be a happy rider until I own one. I had a spirited ride through some mountain passes, didnt drag any knees or pop any wheelies on it since its not my bike plus I left my Pucks at Home, But I did have her leaned way over more then a few times, both sides, on some sweepers and I also took her up to about 110 indicated at one point. I dont like to over do a first ride since I am not yet familar with the individual characteristics of the machine, but I have been riding for over 6 years (mostly Gixxer 750's) and I can tell when a bike is well sorted out, and that bike has its shit together bra! Oh and did I mention the sound of the engine! Icing on the Cake Man!! I cant wait to get one!!! :yo:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
You have a very intesting way of expressing your opinion, I'll give you that...If I may, having 1 test ride is way too inadequate in coming to an informed opinion of the subject at hand, especially one that you "swear by".

(So you know, many members of this forum own their F4 for many years and some even track theirs regularly. You might want to ask these people how it is intead of telling them "things" with such conviction.)

G

·
0 Posts
So how many test rides do you think I should take before I can make an adequately informed decision on whether or not the bike is worth buying?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
To buy or not to buy is a subjective opinion. You take as many as you see fit as the outcome of this matter only effect you and only you.

But to dispense definitive opinion on the bike that you don't own or having very little time with...You tell me how much time do you need to be/train with your forklift before you considered yourself an informed operator? I hope it won't be 1 ride.

On the other hand, if you have been ridden your Gixxer 750 for the past 6 years as you said, I would take your comments regarding this bike much more seriously.

G

·
0 Posts
And I Quote: "On the other hand, if you have been ridden your Gixxer 750 for the past 6 years as you said, I would take your comments regarding this bike much more seriously." :wtf:

Dude, how are you going to start your post by saying "this is not a shot at you" and then go on later to imply that Im a liar? Why would I lie? What?? You want a picture of me in front of my Gixxer?? Which one do you want? The Yellow '00 750 I sold this year or the new Blue '06 750 I just bought?? Or do you want to call up Pro Italia and ask them about me?? :naughty:
I'm sure they remember me because I was probably one of the few guys that test rode there demo F4S who actually knew what he was doing. Ask Adam over there. He knows me. Dude, instead of sitting here wasting my time typing all this crap just to earn some credit from you with all of your undeserved disbelief and rejection (which actually I really could give a F about) what I should of typed was simply this............> :jerkoff:

G

·
0 Posts
There you go Gazman I like your attitude. You believed what you heard from people you trust, plus you loved how it looked as well Im sure.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
That's for sure!! Glarepro...

Haven't regretted the purchase one bit!!! Had a GSXR 600 '05 and loved that too ... but... got the best trade for the GSXR that I couldn't leave the shop without the MV, I didn't even ask to have a test ride and it was the demo machine I bought!!!
Couldn't get out the shop quick enough with the MV!

The Suzuki was so tractable, unbelievable seeing it was only a 600! I was just too big for it!! 108Kgs!!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts