MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´m wondering what is the future reserving for our bikes.

Tron or Detonator are examples of a fragment of what´s to come!

View attachment TRON.zip

View attachment Detonator.zip

Will we be able to call and feel them "bikes"? I´m not sure. Try flying a modern combat jet after flying an old 1st WW Fokker Triplane and you know what I´m saying.

And how far will we be in 100 years? ... :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is what I´m talking about. Still "bikes", I guess, but in a 100 years...

TRON

Final Tron.jpg

DETONATOR

Final Detonator.jpg

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
They'll fly like judge dread's bike ;)

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I'm still waiting for Honda to bring this out :)
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1407087478.191307.jpg

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Im not sure if we will be around for it. Quite frankly i believe we are at a pretty phenomonal point in bike development and technology so much so manufacturers are designing new rider aids to protect the rider cause its far beyond there capabilities.

I would hate too see anything turn electric or hybrid or whatever. Long live gas powered engines

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Well,i was thinking about this,now within 10 to 20 years time ,there will be no more police tickets for speeding ,red light cameras and radars ,why, because we will be driving in automated vehicles which will control all driving behaviors,sense all dangers etc. So how will our governments raise money?But the only joy will come from our bikes.?maybe mine will look like this

Attachments

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As long as they´ve got two wheels and an engine they will probably still feel like a bike, but the systems to improve suspensions, fuelling,rider´s control, etc will become so elaborate that you won´t have that "feeling" anymore....it´s just another one...different.
Look at the way you feel by driving a Bimmer with all the aids, or a Porcshe...it seems the machine is wanting to help you or replace you when driving. We´re loosing the contact with the bike´s (or cars) reality, to become a part of an high-tech machine that rides for us. Not good. Or just different, for that matter.
And about gas powered engines, oh yeah for those.! Yesterday I watched an episode of the series "Extinct", don´t know if you´ve watchedd it, where the cars are doing woooiiiiiinnnnnn, bmw´s and audi´s, look ridiculous!
But, Eddy, flying in 10 or 20 years...I think maybe in 50 years instead, I´d say, we´ll loose contact with the ground and become skyborne.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, Ackers, that «bike» looks like the motorbike version of the car KIT Nightrider ! ehe. It´s the old future!
Reminds me that 1985 BMW K1, considered one of the ugliest bikes ever. But that one manages to be uglier aha!

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Hey, Ackers, that «bike» looks like the motorbike version of the car KIT Nightrider ! ehe. It´s the old future!
Reminds me that 1985 BMW K1, considered one of the ugliest bikes ever. But that one manages to be uglier aha!

It's Street Hawk, look it up on YouTube ;) :laughing:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just watched it!! So funny! "The man!...The machine!...", and the bike switches on a turbo that puts him at high speed inside the city, and guy corners at high speed without inclining!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts