MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the pricing for the 2012 MV Lineup from my dealer:

F3 ORO $27,900.00 (200 units will be made)
F3 Base $13,498.00
F4R $19,498.00
F4RR $24,998.00

So my question is, what's an "F4R"? I've heard and seen pics for "F4RR". Are the color combos the same? Traditional (i.e., Red/Silver)? What do you lose from the RR version? I'm asking because I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 2010 Red/Silver F4. Don't need an RR, but if the 2012 R comes in Red/Silver for a grand more, I may get the newer bike. Any info anyone? Thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the extra $1000 is just inflation? No improvements? Same schemes? If that's the case, I'll just get the 2010 and talk him down.

·
Registered
643 Posts
just to let you in, I got mine new in April and got $2200 off.
There was a forum member on here selling his barely used red/silver one with RG4 on it already in the for sale section.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check ebay too. Dealer somewhere had one new for 16K.
Or go try to beat up Avi!
Man, I can't even f*ck with Avi anymore. I've bought bikes from him before and his service has been terrible. Says, "Oh yeah, I can get it for you..." then there's no follow through! I just dont feel like putting up with his BS anymore.

Planning to get from Unique SBK in Miami. If '12 is exact same as '10, and he gives a decent number on the '10...I'll take it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Man, I can't even f*ck with Avi anymore. I've bought bikes from him before and his service has been terrible. Says, "Oh yeah, I can get it for you..." then there's no follow through! I just dont feel like putting up with his BS anymore.

Planning to get from Unique SBK in Miami. If '12 is exact same as '10, and he gives a decent number on the '10...I'll take it.
I had a similar experience with avi, I went to FBF Jim it's great to deal straight shotter.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It should be a regular F4 but with one big change- the new short stroke engine
See, now that WOULD be a significant enough difference to perhaps make me wait. It's already 2011, so if I got '10 and really wanted the '12 I'd get hosed on any trade in. Not that it should matter, not like I'm racing professionally and perhaps not even know the difference, but no sense starting off behind day 1:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it is the same as the 2010 F4.

I'll do you a favor and swap you my 2010 F4 for your 2008 Desmo. You'll be trading up for sure :naughty:
Just took the Desmo out yesterday! It gets WAAAY too hot...but it's a beast!!! I'll hang on to it, thanks :yo:

just to let you in, I got mine new in April and got $2200 off.
There was a forum member on here selling his barely used red/silver one with RG4 on it already in the for sale section.
That's my thought on getting the '10. I could have dealer through on RG4 from jump and still get a bargain.

The dealer here in Plano Texas has one too. Try them.
I don't get to Texas at all. I get to Miami all the time on business. Also stopped by FBF in PA, but they didn't have the Red/Silver which is what I really want.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I just wish I could have a Desmo in my garage too. You are one lucky guy. I will get a T-rex 14RR next. I love owning things that aren't on every corner. You have a very nice collection of bikes. Good luck with the 2010 or 2012 and post some pics when you get it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just wish I could have a Desmo in my garage too. You are one lucky guy. I will get a T-rex 14RR next. I love owning things that aren't on every corner. You have a very nice collection of bikes. Good luck with the 2010 or 2012 and post some pics when you get it.
Thanks for that hyper! After I bought my first Duc (748) back in '02, I was hooked! I'm thankful for my blessings. I'll definitely share pics.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts