MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a bike on ebay for sale and it says it has been converted to a Mamba. What exactly is it?

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok. I figured it out. It's a kit you can buy. Anyone know how much the full blown kit cost. The website said there are only 300 kits that were available.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
The issue with that bike is he took a one of three hundred bike (the AGO) and added a one of three hundred kit to it.

Very strange. Beautiful, but strange.

If he had all the AGO parts, you could place a value on the bike, say $15,000, throw in a few more $$ for the mamba kit and call it a day.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
The issue with that bike is he took a one of three hundred bike (the AGO) and added a one of three hundred kit to it.

Very strange. Beautiful, but strange.

If he had all the AGO parts, you could place a value on the bike, say $15,000, throw in a few more $$ for the mamba kit and call it a day.
what he said

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Technically the Mamba was available in three stages, the hottest one even had carbon Dymags (3-spoke):mouthwate

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The kit on the MV site list 10 spoke silver Marchesini wheels. Is this the $7000 kit?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Can you still get the kits or are they all sold now??

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
A mamba (on ebay) has a carbon fiber parts but did not came with wheels . There is a mamba kit that comes with wheels (not a CF wheels ) which is a lot more expensive (about 13 000.00 USD) thats thirteen thousand US dollars . I haear there is a mamba kit that does not comes with carbon fiber parts,instead has just plastics. I have not yet seen one of those. I suspect if you seen a mamba with BST wheels they ( the wheels) were purchasec separatelly.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
It seems to me that the owner of the bike on ebay has ruined a AGO. The AGO has a history of its own. And by combining the two he's taken away from the value of the AGO and confused the bikes original origin with the Mamba kit. Having two certificates for only one bike only causes more questions. I've looked at the pics extensivley and the bike is absolutley beautiful but the real question is..... is the bike worth more because the Mamba kit has been added or is it worth less because the AGO markings are gone ????

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Well , my advise to him would be to turn the bike back to AGO and sell the mamba kit !!! problem solved. Maybe CAG should buy this bike and sell it for parts. ..Whoa , Carl are you listening ??? You can probably double the price of this bike if you sell it in parts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts