MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I go to the garage to get something. Even after 7 years. I still have to take a look back as I head into the house to stare at my bike:mouthwate. I still can't believe how incredible she looks:f4:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I couldn't agree more. I hate to put my cover on the F4 since it feels like covering a Victoria's Secret model with a gunny sack! Definitely a work of art that really MOVES as well.

Eric

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Every time I go to the garage to get something. Even after 7 years. I still have to take a look back as I head into the house to stare at my bike:mouthwate. I still can't believe how incredible she looks:f4:
I don't blame you...to this date...nothing beats the look of the first generation F4's...nothing...

Disclaimer: I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

·
Registered
922 Posts
Only 4 yrs for me, and I still take the time to gawp every time I go to get something out of the garage.
And every time I take her out she gets compliments, sometimes it's from the old timers who remember MV's glory days and who have never seen the modern MV's, and sometimes it's from the youngsters.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Yep. Thursday night I got to see, and hear, my 312R again. Always a plus to sell a bike to a friend. Looking forward to riding it again. :naughty:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Why don't you all just put them in the house?

Put the furniture in the garage if you have a space problem
If you have a wife that doesn't approve like me just do it when she is at work!!

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Og

That's all I have at the moment Andrew, look but no touch.:mouthwate

Just a couple of weeks then I can ride again.:naughty:

Workshop's looking very messy at the moment. :mouthwate

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts

If you have a wife that doesn't approve like me just do it when she is at work!!

I'm with Gary on this one. No point in being under a cover in the garage all winter. But I don't have a wife telling me I can't. Hell there's a Cherry 1973 Suzuki dirt bike in my bedroom.

Toby

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Randrew has a wife, Randrew's wife has opinions, Randrew's bike won't be in Melissa's new house.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Much prefer them in the man cave.

"Darling, just ducking outside for a bit".........

Radio on, heater cranked up........a glass of red in hand (beer in summer) and out I go with the Shih Tzus in tow (guard dogs as in my avatar)

A guy needs his toys............... covers ? pffffft...... I like to look and admire :mouthwate

Brian W

·
Registered
14,406 Posts
Randrew has a wife, Randrew's wife has opinions, Randrew's bike won't be in Melissa's new house.
my Abarth race motor and transmission are under the drafting table in the living room.......

the 6m target for my match pellet pistols is the kitchen wall.......

paintings and MV memorabilia cover the walls.......and the vacuum cleaner isn't put away......

I have NO wife.......:drummer:

there's a flogger hanging on the inside bathroom door knob.....for the girls.......:naughty:

they always have to inspect the bathroom and pee, so thats what they get to stare at.......:naughty::naughty::naughty:

PS:
they love it :naughty:

·
Formerly known as Lumiator
146 Posts

Been there, done that last Winter.

This every morning view from the breakfast table was inspiring enough for the whole day:

One thing is for sure, will definitely do so again next winter. :smoking:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Are those polished or chromed wheels?
Chromed. A previous owner had a real addiction to the stuff. I bought this in pieces and reassembled it. The wheels, swingarm, frame plates, triple tree, parts of the engine, even the little clamp that holds the steering stabilizer have all been chromed. It's a bit blingy, but it's grown on me. Though I still prefer the light silver wheels of the '03's and later MV's. There's more pictures of it in my album.

Toby

·
Registered
922 Posts
Chromed. A previous owner had a real addiction to the stuff. I bought this in pieces and reassembled it. The wheels, swingarm, frame plates, triple tree, parts of the engine, even the little clamp that holds the steering stabilizer have all been chromed. It's a bit blingy, but it's grown on me. Though I still prefer the light silver wheels of the '03's and later MV's. There's more pictures of it in my album.

Toby
Toby, thanks for the reply.

I can see how the blingy-ness could grow on you. I saw an excellent F4 750 recently, the frame plates and swingarm and wheel rims were polished, along with many £1,000s of other mods.

Looking at your pics I find your swingarm and frame plates to blingy for my taste, I prefer the more natural polished look, but I suspect I might like your wheels in the flesh. Do you think if your swingarm and frameplates were polished they would be preferable?

After seeing that excellent F4 recently I am thinking about getting my swingarm and frame plates polished at some point, trying to make my mind up, probably expensive.

Currently only my exhaust tips(same pipes as you), rear sprocket attachement plate, and sidestand are chromed, in small area's I don't mind some chrome.
Currently my engine casings, exhausts, tripletree, outer wheel rims, hangers, footrests and heel/exhaust guard/s are polished.

In case you are willing to advice, please see this page, post 447:
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36930&page=45
My photos don't show some of the polished stuff off well, if it is polished, then it's to a mirror finish, some times the light/angle has to be right to show it though.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looking at your pics I find your swingarm and frame plates to blingy for my taste, I prefer the more natural polished look, but I suspect I might like your wheels in the flesh. Do you think if your swingarm and frameplates were polished they would be preferable?
I'd probably prefer the polished over the chrome. Haven't seen an MV polished out yet. I definitely prefer the lighter silver wheels of the 03 and beyonds to the earlier dark silver wheels. Chrome looks better in the flesh than photos, photo's tend to enhance the glare. Make the bike how you want it and don't worry too much about what others think. Life's too short to sweat other's opinions.

Toby

1 - 20 of 70 Posts