MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gud pm. need some help from our members who owned BMW Integral CF Helmet & Schuberth S1 CF Helmet. who's best? tnx in advance

·
Registered
774 Posts
I have a schuberth S1. It's the perfect helmet for me. Excellent vision. Very, very quiet and stable @ high speed.
May be a little heavy.
I also have a C2 flip up who is also nearly perfect.
Don't hesitate it's a good choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
756 Posts
Olive said:
I have a schuberth S1. It's the perfect helmet for me. Excellent vision. Very, very quiet and stable @ high speed.
May be a little heavy.
I also have a C2 flip up who is also nearly perfect.
Don't hesitate it's a good choice.
how did you obtain the mv design on the helmet ? i did not see any mv design in schuberth collection ?

·
King of Bling
9,809 Posts
Suggest the following appproach :-

Go to a store such as Hein Gericke and spend an hour trying on the vast range of lids that they usually have on display. I'd agree that ALL new helmets feel a bit strange at first, but personally I found that Arai fitted my particular skull shape a lot better than an Shoei or indeed a number of other brands - and I only discovered this by physically trying a lot of different lids on and trying to feel 'tight spots', 'check for wiggle room', comfort, discomfort, chin clearance, nose clearance, visibility. It ain't a five minute job and it cannot be done via a catalogue or on the interwebby.

They all give a little bit - after a few months of regular use - and the advantage of the more expensive helmets is that you can wash the internals as well as buy new pads and liners to freshen them up.

At the end of the day, the old saying "are you buying form or function?"..factor also comes into play - is the look more important than the technical content? I always smile at bikers who purchase a helmet on the basis of its trendy applied graphics or perceived style content, rather than its ability to protect your brain/head in the event of an accident.

Two simple questions to anyone buying a helmet "How much is your brain function worth to you"? and then "Do you have someone who loves you enough, to feed you baby food through a straw and change your incontinence pants - all because you saved £100 by purchasing a cheapo helmet and then had a quick snog with the tarmac"?

Both the helmets you've chosen a superb quality models, and I would go with the one that fits the most comfortable..

Get a plain design and custom paint it like some of the MV members have done..

Attachments

·
Registered
774 Posts
antonioshabirto said:
how did you obtain the mv design on the helmet ? i did not see any mv design in schuberth collection ?
Custom design made by an artist near home.
Check his work on his web site. Top quality !

http://www.deepcolor-ltd.be/

·
Registered
774 Posts
JDS said:
I totaly agree with you. Safety first !

It's easier to paint a helmet than buy a new brain !

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've been using the Shoei X-11 Lawson helmet for a couple years. I like it because it is very well vented and I get hot easy. However, it lets noise in with the cool air. I don't think you can have a really quiet helmet that vents really well. I had to sacrifice noice for ventilation.

While I like this helmet I'm still looking at the Akuma Shaolin Dragon Helmet. I'll need to find a dealer first so I can try it on my gord to see if it fits properly. I'm all for function over fashion but this baby may cover both bases.:cool:

·
Registered
774 Posts
antonioshabirto said:
too bad the website doesnt come in english. and i dont think so its possible to order from him
Site is in french, but pictures don't need to be translated.

If you are not in a hurry, tell me the type and size of the helmet you want and also the kind of design you want and I can ask him a project for you.
His factory is just a few kms from my home.
I'll then send you a draw and if its OK, I'll buy the helmet, he'll paint it and I send it to you.
Just ask.

·
Registered
168 Posts
When buying a helmet the first consideration is the safety of your head, the second is the fit which I would say is related to the safety anyway and finally, third, the looks.
I have a HJC HQ-1 carbon fibre helmet which I bought after it was equal first in a helmet safety test by a magazine. The other first place helmet a Shoei didn't really fit me properly and was £100 more than the HJC. I only really considered HJC after I read the article but the tests seemed to be very scientifically done and I have since found out that they are the largest supplier of helmets in the US.

I found this link which gives quite a favourable but independent review:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/hjc/carbon/

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
JDS said:

Go to a store such as Hein Gericke and spend an hour trying on the vast range of lids that they usually have on display. I'd agree that ALL new helmets feel a bit strange at first, but personally I found that Arai fitted my particular skull shape a lot better than an Shoei or indeed a number of other brands - and I only discovered this by physically trying a lot of different lids on and trying to feel 'tight spots', 'check for wiggle room', comfort, discomfort, chin clearance, nose clearance, visibility. It ain't a five minute job and it cannot be done via a catalogue or on the interwebby.

They all give a little bit - after a few months of regular use - and the advantage of the more expensive helmets is that you can wash the internals as well as buy new pads and liners to freshen them up.

At the end of the day, the old saying "are you buying form or function?"..factor also comes into play - is the look more important than the technical content? I always smile at bikers who purchase a helmet on the basis of its trendy applied graphics or perceived style content, rather than its ability to protect your brain/head in the event of an accident.

Two simple questions to anyone buying a helmet "How much is your brain function worth to you"? and then "Do you have someone who loves you enough, to feed you baby food through a straw and change your incontinence pants - all because you saved £100 by purchasing a cheapo helmet and then had a quick snog with the tarmac"?

Both the helmets you've chosen a superb quality models, and I would go with the one that fits the most comfortable..

Get a plain design and custom paint it like some of the MV members have done..
We've been talking about this subject forever, multiple times. I think JDS has the subject issues down pat....Hedaman....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts