MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on the ECU you can select either fast or slow throttle response, but I'm curious as to what exactly happens that is different. Does the fast setting essentially get the throttle body to open up more, sooner? Does it adjust fuel injection rates to be greater? Some combination of both I'm thinking, in order to achieve a slightly richer fuel/air ratio but that is just my uneducated guess.

·
Registered
565 Posts
All the settings are just different ways to dial things down. It won't do anything faster or more.

Fast throttle is like normal... slow is like turning your wrist slower. It will not act faster than your wrist in fast... just slower in slow.

Put the bike in Rain mode and you'll see everything is neutered much more. Less max power, slower engine acceleration, slower throttle response.

Same with traction control... max is no traction control. As you increase traction control you are increasing the amount the engine pulls back when the wheels overspin.

Race mode ABS is like having less ABS...

You get the point?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
As I see it; that setting in particular is a softening, or hardening, of the directness of the throttle input you apply. As an analogy imagine some elasticity in a throttle cable for the soft setting. One of the advantages of a fly-by-wire throttle and the electronics in between it and the Fi.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The ECU’s in the F3 and F4 are basically the same, with the same approach to control. The info I have pertains to the F4 but is transferable by principle to the F3.

There are numerous maps in the ECU, changing the selection of Normal, Sport, Rain or the custom settings do not change the base maps i.e. ignition, fuel etc. What they do appear to change is the data provided to the tables. e.g. the hand throttle position is translated in to an accelerator position (at the throttle bodies). The throttle at your hand is relative position, as it can be mapped to different actual throttle body positions. see attached pic.

Parameters that are changed based on the selection of Normal Sport or Rain or the custom settings

• Engine Braking, maps for Normal and Sport
• Max RPM, maps for Normal, Sport & Rain
• Throttle position, maps for Normal, Sport & Rain
• Max Torque, maps for combined map for Normal & Sport, separate for Rain

Attachments

Reactions: Donsy
1 - 6 of 6 Posts