MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on the PSB site.

I'm a 2nd generation rider, my Dad rode in the British paras (army)

My bro rides a KTM 520.

How many generations of riding in your family?

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
I Father rode briefly on a BMW but he doesn't have the bug like I do.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
um, directly, none.

but several uncles ride harleys. i understand some other relatives were hells angels material, in LA tho.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Dad had a BSA in the 70's, a suzuki gs1100 in the 80's and a few harleys in the 90's.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
3rd I guess

grandfather lost his leg from knee down when the bike and side car he was riding hit a mine in the war

my father rode bikes when younger but he is in late 70's now

Brother has given up bikes for a more comfortable life of leasure

and then theres me with a new delivery on its way to join the EV03 :D

·
Registered
822 Posts
4th, my whole family rides. My great grandfatehr rode, although I never knew him. My grandfather still rides at 74 yrs old, and he rides HARD, its a real sight. My aunt and uncles still ride, my stepfather, myself, and several of my cousins. Its one fo the few family activities I really enjoy, partialy because no one can really talk to one another when you're wearing a helmet and showing off. :)

·
Living the Dream
2,759 Posts
2nd, my father used to ride me around our neighborhood in a ghetto ass purple fleck helmet. I say he is the cause for my obsession! :yo:

·
Registered
485 Posts
1st

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
3rd that I know of?

·
Registered
88 Posts
My father had a Harley when he was in college, around 1951-1953. We rode dirt bikes together in the early '70's.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
<---- 2nd.... dad is a harley guy..... I grew up riding dirt bikes and 3 and 4-wheelers, go-karts, lawnmowers...yes... I said it. The oldest trick in the book...*the lawnmower to the trails trick*...got a real nice azz-whipping for that one! What can you do???... all our other motorized units were broke....except the lawnmower.....we never engaged the blades while on the trails :rolleyes:
My brother used to ride bikes.... I guess that's how I got the bug for streetbikes.... sneaking out his CBR 600 F3 when I was 15-16 was a blast....never laid it down or anything.... got a few dates out of it from showing off at my high school parking lot (doing wheelies) :smoking: My bro doesn't ride anymore.... he says the kids keep him from doing so....it's a shame

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
Second generation, I suppose. My Dad had a bike when he was young, he sold it after a crash in the rain stopped him just short of sliding under a car, without a helmet. I never knew him as a rider. He bought us a minibike as kids, and my two brothers and I each got a taste. My older brother was the first to get a bike, a CBR 600 F2, since sold. I was second with the VFR in '95, and my little brother bought, but has also since sold, a 2000 R6. About three years ago, my Dad purchased a Dyna Wide Glide for himself, and a Sportster for his wife. They both do occasionally ride, but are in D.C. and sometimes limited by the weather. I am the only of the brothers still riding.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
2nd. dad still rides. in fact, he just bought a new Kawi Concourse 14.

·
Registered
175 Posts
1st

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
First and also no one in the whole family is riding a bike...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts