MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be interesting to know what riding gear everyone is using and how they like it? I'm assuming most use something different for normal road use, versus track. Do you all go for just a jacket, two piece, or 1 pc for normal use?? Why? Seems like a 1 pc would be a pain outside of the track, but maybe I haven't thought it through...

I'm trying to decide on a new jacket (full gear (except for the helmet), but having issues determining visualizing a jacket where I can see buying pants, gloves, possibly different boots later and it looking "put together." Let's face it, you've seen the guy sorting gear just detracts from the bike like an ugly sore, and I'd rather than NOT be me... :loser:

Personally, right now - I'm sporting Suomy Spec 1 helmet, Joe Rocket reactor 2 jacket, joe rocket alter ego pants (or jeans), rev-it boots. Love the helmet and the jacket/pants are alright - decent protection for textile stuff with armor in the right places, but it ain't leather!!

If anyone has put their gear to the test (get off), and you swear by it - I think others would find it beneficial to know the stuff works!! :yo:

So let's hear it!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Got a lot of gear for different weather/riding.

One thing I'm digging lately with the heat is a two-piece Triumph-branded mesh suit. I wouldn't want to fall off at highway speeds with it but it's a hell of a lot sturdier than any other mesh stuff I have.

Most times I wear my Revit Cayenne Pro suit. A lot of times I'll wear Joe Rocket ventilated leather pants with the jacket.

boots/gloves/helmets - take your pick blah blah

·
Administrator
18,852 Posts
Arai, Shoei, Bell Star helmets
A-Star and Sidi Boots
A-Star gloves
MV Corse (MTech) 2-piece leathers for road (no knee pucks, not a "racing" suit)
A-Star 2 piece racing suit for track days
A-Star ballistic fabric armored jacket and Draggin Jeans (kevlar reinforced) for hot summer rides in town.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Suomy Spec 1R Helmet, The helmet fits perfect 3rd Suomy helmet and they are light as hell and doesnt give me neck fatigue
Spidi 2 piece suit Was doing track days mostly just wear the jacket
Teknic Speedstar Gloves, 4th pair Teknics Love the feeland the speedstar breathe good
Oxtar boots/ A Star SMX Plus boots Comfy boots
Joe Rocket mesh jacket Had it for a while when I was living in Florida like wearing a T-shirt
MV Turkish made leather riding jacket. Like it and cost was 1/4th of the real MV stuff. Half the people dont know what the bike is so they really cant tell if the jacket is a phony!!

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
For the F4:
Suomy Spec 1R (a real delight after decades Arai) the AGV Ti Tech will be for short rides only (I can't waer this helmet longer than an hour because my compressed ears hurt)
M. Lynn's Revit Race suit (I never new how comfy a good race suit can be) I fear my MV Corse 2 piece suit will not get used that much anymore.
Hot summer MV Corse mesh jacket and MV Corse textile pants.
Winter MV Corse winter jacket and the leather pants of the two piece or the textile pants. Combined with Ducati braces.
MV Corse Racing Gloves and MV Corse summer mesh gloves.
Daytona Security Evo G3 Boots (the Sidi Vertebra are ready for the bin after ten years)
Dainese Seamless underwear.
For my 350B
ALNE one piece Classic race suit.
Arai Jet helmet with Oakley goggles or one of the others.
Puma boots.
A-Star gloves or Spidi Anniversary
Did I forget anything ?

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Just crash tested mine:banghead:. Dainese Laguna Seca Pro 1 piece, Spidi gloves, HJC Carbon helmet. Weak link may have been boots. Sidi street/track boots. They are punctured (as is my foot:cry:). I think a better boot might have protected better. All else did a great job and likely does not need replacing.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Arai, Shoei, Bell Star helmets
A-Star and Sidi Boots
A-Star gloves
MV Corse (MTech) 2-piece leathers for road (no knee pucks, not a "racing" suit)
A-Star 2 piece racing suit for track days
A-Star ballistic fabric armored jacket and Draggin Jeans (kevlar reinforced) for hot summer rides in town.
Hey esq'z me, Can you comment on the Bell Star helmet? I've been reading what I can find on them and all has been positive. Thanks

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Arai Quantum 2 helmet
A-Star leather jacket
A-Star GP-Pro gloves
Sidi B2 boots
Fox knee and shin protector
Any jeans I happen to be wearing at the time.

I think Its time for new gear for me, lol. I keep spending money on the bike though :D

·
Registered
353 Posts
Vemar Helmet
MV Corse mesh jacket - summer
Dainese textile jacket - winter
Dainese leather pants - winter
Shift jeans - summer
Sidi Vortice boots
A-star SMX 2 boots
Am going to get the knee and shin protector soon either Dainese or A-star.

·
Administrator
18,852 Posts
Hey esq'z me, Can you comment on the Bell Star helmet? I've been reading what I can find on them and all has been positive. Thanks
Very light...best aerodynamics of any helmet I have worn....very easy shield changes.....fantastic ventilation, unfortunately this also means lots of wind noise. I wear ear plugs anyway so that negative doesn't matter.

My favorite helmet right now, but will put the Arai back on when winter comes (see comment on ventilation).

·
Registered
241 Posts
Shoei RF-1000
Alpinestars RC-1 2-piece suit
Alpinestars GP-Pro gloves
Alpinestars Supertech-R boots
(I used to have an A* hook-up)

I bought the whole A* kit due to the deal I was able to get and have been pleased with their products. The gloves fit true to their size chart, but did require a bit of break-in. So did the suit, but not as much. The suit can be a bit warm at times, but that's expected here in San Diego. No issue and durable (lightly crash-tested twice) has been solid. I love the boots which have the separate inner boot similar in concept to the Daytona boots. They are a little bit bulky, but not enough to be a bother.

I ride 95% w/e canyon rides, so I'm always in this gear. Have owned it for about 2.5 years and ~15k miles. I recently had the suit professionally cleaned and conditioned and it looks like it will easily last much longer. Recommended!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have both winter, and summer gear, plus more for wet weather (I ride daily all year round).

Dainese and Spidi jackets for daily use.
Dainese 2-piece suit for fast days out.
Arai GP or Shoei Spirit helmet (I don't go for cheap lids)
Dainese Pro metal gloves, or Alpinestars Shorty gloves for hot days
Sidi Votice Air boots (comfiest boots ever, and they're race kit?!) for summer, Daytona's for the winter.
Best of all... base layers. Wear some base layers under leathers and you'll be comfy all day, and they manage heat/cold better too.

Then there's a selection of winter and wet gear too.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Bell star and vortex helmets
firstgear mesh jacket
motogp leather jacket
draggin jeans w/ kevlar
mv corse gloves and tourtech or something for when I ride the star
sidi vertigo airs on the brute, red wing cruiser boots for the star

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Dainese Pelle 2 piece suit
Draggin Jeans for cruisin (slix)
AGV Ti Tech helmet (due a new one soon - looking at Suomy or Arai RX-Q)
Sidi B2 boots
A* SMX-2 boots
A* 365 gloves for wet and cold (amazing)
Dainese bomber gloves (for summer and street riding)
Linebreak compression suit for under leathers

And looking very seriously at a brown leather Belstaff Trailmaster for commuting and cafe riding...

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
AGV Ti Tech Helmet (Ago replica - surprise surprise)
F4 Factory Jacket (from Varese)
Dainese SFX pants
F4 Factory gloves with carbon inserts
Sidi boots - Vortice Air

Lookwell two piece factory race suit - if I ever take the thing to a track - lol

Oh & my wife has one too ...lol

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Shark rsr2 helmet. (crash tested)
Vanson corsair perferated full leather jacket. (crash tested)
Matching vanson pants, ventilated. (crash tested)
Spyke one piece Kangaroo suit for the track. (crash tested)
Spidi boots. (same model everyone has.) (crash tested)
Lee parks leather gloves. All year round, best gloves I've ever owned. If you want to look like a transformer with carbon fiber, titanium doodads, rivets, and such you won't like these. (Crash tested)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I do not differentiate between track and street- in fact, the track is the safer of the two for motorcyclists.

When riding the 910S I wear:

helmet- Shark RSI Laconi replica
jacket- Berik/MotoGP TT perf leather (zips to pants)
pants- FT XTi perf leather
gloves- Pittards/Jordan leather gauntlet
boots- Gaerne G-RS

When riding the TT600 I wear:

helmet- Shark (same as above)
jacket- Fieldsheer perf leather (zips to pants)
pants- XTi (same as above)
gloves- Pittards (same as above)
boots- Gaerne (same as above)

For track days I add:

helmet- Suomy Spec-1R Hodgson Laguna
back protector- Teknic Spine Guard 7

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Shark rsr2 helmet. (crash tested)
Vanson corsair perferated full leather jacket. (crash tested)
Matching vanson pants, ventilated. (crash tested)
Spyke one piece Kangaroo suit for the track. (crash tested)
Spidi boots. (same model everyone has.) (crash tested)
Lee parks leather gloves. All year round, best gloves I've ever owned. If you want to look like a transformer with carbon fiber, titanium doodads, rivets, and such you won't like these. (Crash tested)
Hi Carl, have you considered a new hobby??:stickpoke:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts