MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just think full leathers is a bit much to commute to work and short sunday outings. I don't ride hard by anymeans. I'm just curious what everyone wears in terms of gear when doing short rides and commutes to work. I personally wear a leather jacket, gloves and helmet. I'm looking into the Sidi Streetburner half boot and maybe some textile pants. Would leather and textile look weird together?

J

·
Registered
876 Posts
Ultimately, it's about the balance between comfort and protection. In the desert heat it's very difficult to chose protection over comfort. I find upper body armor quite annoying. I've tried textile and mesh with armor but I prefer my 10 year old cruiser style leather jacket with none. I like Carhart's with dual layer from pockets to shins. You have to remove some rivets but it feels like more protection than jeans. Works well with T-pro armor. Heat dictates hand protection (as much as I can stand). My goal is to be able to go to the bathroom without help during the healing process. If I can walk and use my hands I'll get by, if not, it probably won't matter. Appearance is irrelevant.

·
Registered
392 Posts
SMX-2 Alpinestars short boots, Alpinestars gloves, Shift Torque jeans, textile jacket and Shoei helmet. Learther jacket in the cooler months. I always wear good gear cos I like my skin!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Triumph Daytona Boots, Ducati Kevlar Jeans, MV F4 Corse Jacket, IXS Titanium studded glove, Shoei helmet.....

I have a bunch of other stuff, but that's what I wear mostly. Did on my ride today.

Freezing here right now, going for a longer ride tomorrow, probably in Spidi cordura/kevlar to try and stay warm, but that's unusual

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Now that the winter chills have subsided here in So Cal, I must admit that sometimes leathers are a bit much...As in prior years, with the early sunrise and the long, hot days of summer upon us, I have switched to my "Summer Gear".

This is how I will look when I arrive at Randy's party this summer, on my R6...Watch out though, 'cause sometimes the lycra is a bit revealing, and I can't say that the vibrations from the R6's motor aren't at least somewhat arousing! See y'all there!

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
170 Posts
I normally start in first, change to second, a bit faster then change to third, and depending on how fast i want to go keep changing or stay in third.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
commute trips normally in kevlar jeans, leather(winter)/textile(summer) jacket with spine board + kidney belt. anything thats not commuting is full leathers

·
Registered
986 Posts
Full Dainese- what's the use wearing jeans or those kevlar jeans when your knee caps would be obliterated on any impact ... just not worth the risk

·
Registered
986 Posts
I came off my 996 wearing some of those 'Ducati Jeans' at just 10mph- the jeans were shredded!!!!! never again.

Typical Ducati product , great to look but just not up to it

·
Registered
351 Posts
Alpinestar Smx Jacket & Gp Pro Gloves, Smx High Cut Riding Shoes, Arai Corse V. Still Working On The Pants But I Wear Full Knee Shin Pads

·
Administrator
18,869 Posts
+1

Although I will wear my Draggin Jeans, open face Shoei and Alpinestar textile jacket when I ride Little Red around town (that's the 1971 CB100)

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
i wear draggin' jeans with knee armor underneath. They don't look too much like bike trousers, so more of a casual look. Usually wear with some kind of jacket, on day rides, usually a leather jacket, though sometime's a perf'ed textile.

Did a mini write up on knee armor locally here.

Next I want to get a size bigger so I can wear some hip armor. I've got the ForceField shorts for that, but they don't fit with the draggin' jeans I have now.

note: Draggin' jeans seem to have different kevlar coverage depending on where it was made. US made ones apparently have less than Australia made. I've only got the aussie ones, so don't know first-hand.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Would leather and textile look weird together?

J
Well, unless you're called Griff nobody's looking at your pants when you're cruising on your F4...:)

For me: Arai helmet, leather gloves, Richa 1953 leather jacket (with armor pads) and Bering motorcycle boots. All black.
And I wear jeans. I probably should know better (crashed my scooter when I was 17, wearing jeans and I walked like Herr Flick for a week)
I'll try to find Richa leather pants next month. "in de solden" :) (summer sales in English)

·
Registered
514 Posts
I wear a leather jacket, gloves, helmet, spine protector and boots for all my riding regardless of weather or distance.. I'll put the leather pants on for long rides but usually wear jeans with the rest of the gear around the city.

A lot of riders I see on the street seem skip the boots but your feet and hands are the first things to get wrecked. I have a 4x6 inch scar on my ankle to remind me how important boots are:D

What is it they say? Dress for the fall - not the ride...

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Now that the winter chills have subsided here in So Cal, I must admit that sometimes leathers are a bit much...As in prior years, with the early sunrise and the long, hot days of summer upon us, I have switched to my "Summer Gear".

This is how I will look when I arrive at Randy's party this summer, on my R6...Watch out though, 'cause sometimes the lycra is a bit revealing, and I can't say that the vibrations from the R1's motor aren't at least somewhat arousing! See y'all there!

Griff
twoeleven
A little over dressed don't you think? Dude, what's with the shoes? The rule is to always wear thongs and a thong:yo:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Ducati Kevlar jeans? Do you have any reference to them since a quick search did not reveal anything? Thanks.
These ones big boy:
http://store.proitalia.com/98143809x.html

They were on special when I was in Aussy 6 mths ago, have knee inserts so a step up on Draggin IMHO.

They were sold to me as a kevlar weave, but you will notice no mention of that on the Pro Italia site... I feel violated!

As to the reaction of Mr Blond above, I am never totally confident in them (hearing they don't hold up isn't surprising) Would like something a bit more comfy when I get off the bike than full leather, but offering more protection than the jeans. Will have to look into it a bit.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
When I was in an accident with my '00 F4, I was wearing Dragging Jeans. Roll and ended up skidding on my needs at around 30mph. They held up really well and after a wash, you couldn't tell they were in an accident. The problem is there is no knee padding so I had scraps on both knees from the friction. I think Dragging Jeans now has knee inserts.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts