MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What front stand are you using? lower tripple lift kind. *Review up*

Review on page 3

There are 2 that I am looking at right now, both work with MV's so not sure which one to get. Any thoughts on these? and what are you using for yours?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370386127651&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bike-Lift-USA-FS11-D-DUC-FRNT-STND-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem563cb9ec91QQitemZ370386005137QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools

·
Registered
14,225 Posts
Joe;
wish you'd asked the other day...

i have an F&G like in the parts book, the saddle i have is for a Ducati,
i used it any way with a piece of leather on it....so i will make one for the MV

if i make a straight pin for it, it'll lift my Aprilia, i'll need a different size for the KTM.....but the 1150GS balances on the centerstand,
so then i can get rid of the front Pit Bull triple clamp lift that is impossible to store

think about storage....the 1st link stand comes apart, 2nd doesn't

i had 5 stands, storing them sucks.....i gave away 1 of the useless POS factory rears, just for shipping, so did CAG

out of those 2, i'd get the 1st one, it comes apart

Noel-theknurl

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
14,225 Posts
Joe;
the 1st one will lift anything with an adapter, on the 2nd the pin/saddle holder is vertical so it is a PITA to make adapters...
the 3rd one is back to the storage thing, like the second

i have to have flexible tools, the BMW and the DKW balance on their center stands, the dirt bike i can use a floor jack on, or the F&G

i have an air hoist, and can lift them from the ceiling too, but then you can't move them......

Noel-theknurl

·
Registered
14,225 Posts
Joe;
you saw my shop, you know i have 15 gallons of shit in a 10 gallon hat....this is starting to be a serious problem, i'm bolting stuff to the ceiling, i try to minimize the stuff in the way....
i need my tools....and all you forum members* are welcome to come over and use the shop ......but, you are buying lunch and drinks.....lol

Noel-theknurl

*you, who went off on me recently, are not welcome.....
there is one person from the Aprilia Forum that isn't welcome either....
i ran into him out one day....LOLOL

not bad for ~50,000 people

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Noel, thanks for the offer, and I may take you up on it one of these days. But I dont have a front stand of any type for my MV, thats kind of the reason I want to get one.

·
Registered
14,225 Posts
Joe;
you and all the Forum members are welcome to use my shop.....gratis
you clean up your mess....and I put the tools away...

lunch and drinks, thats on you, lolol

Noel-theknurl

·
Registered
877 Posts
FYI, I purchased a Harris lift for my Brutale. It works great on the front of the Brute, but not for the F4. Granted, this does not directly answer your question, but I think it's just as important to identify the right part as it is to eliminate things that don't work.

I've included a picture of the specific model because I didn't see a model number on the lift I have.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys. Im going to pick up the first one I linked to in the OP. I found one on Amazon.com for about $178 and I found another website that sells them that says they will beat any price on the net, so Im going to call and see how much they will beat the price by.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The ones with hooks in the plate are for ducks only, I think they have a thin lower tripple. Ive already ordered the first one I linked to.

·
Registered
142 Posts
you selected a good choice ive been using mine for a while now

and nothing comes close to it just put some protection on the lifting plate before use :f4:
cheers nick

1 - 20 of 37 Posts