MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

Yet another new guy who's been bitten by the Brutale bug. I had a chance to ride a buddy's well sorted 910S and absolutely loved it! He's been on the fence on selling it, and if he does, I'd pick it up as it's the silver/red with red frame color I really like. He's also replaced the rear hub with the mitchy one, and replaced the SPU.

However! There's a really nice looking 910R for sale locally that is awfully tempting! It's mostly stock, but has what looks like maybe the MV race exhaust. Neither the owner, nor Munroe Motors, know for sure. Can anyone tell from the pic? Also, is there a way to easily tell if it has the corresponding EPROM? I"m surprise Munroe wouldn't know, but apparently they don't. The downside to this bike is that the seller is the 3rd owner, so no history is known. The bike hasn't been ridden much and only has 2700 miles. Maybe someone on the forum knows this bike? It's in SF and has been offered for sale here in the past.

Thanks!

-steve

·
Registered
746 Posts
Looks like the stock pipes with an aftermarket mid pipe to remove the cat. Those are definitely the stock mufflers...

·
Administrator
20,411 Posts
Which year 910R ? Those are stock mufflers with decat mid-pipe. I'm betting 2007 or 2006 with 16M ECU. To check chip on that model you have to pull ECU and look at the chip under the rubber seal.

2008 model had one piece headers and cat, so mid-pipe alone not an option. Must replace headers, too. 5SM ECU simply look at part number and description on the external label. Still have to pull the tank to get at the ECU either way.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Deffo stock pipes with the MV decat mid pipe section

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys! Kelly Blue book lists the 2007 910R as retailing for around $7k with a much lower trade in value. Is this accurate? What is a fair price for this bike, given the low 2700 miles, but unknown service history?

Steve

·
Registered
47 Posts
@MincerRay, if there's a chance you can take more detailed pics of the exhaust and midpipe from different angles, I may be able to help you out. FYI, Arrow made different slip-ons/exhaust/midpipe components for this bike and I have a bit of experience with them. Fasduc can vouch for me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@MincerRay, if there's a chance you can take more detailed pics of the exhaust and midpipe from different angles, I may be able to help you out. FYI, Arrow made different slip-ons/exhaust/midpipe components for this bike and I have a bit of experience with them. Fasduc can vouch for me.
Thats ok. I was mainly interested in knowing if this bike had the MV race exhaust that the '06 and '07's were supposed to have, and it sounds like the answer is no. I am assuming since the bike doesn't have the race exhaust, it likely doesn't have the EPROM either.

-steve

·
Registered
47 Posts
I understand...I guess I should've been more specific. I've attached a pic (not the greatest quality I'm sorry) of an example of a Ti race exhaust that Arrow made for the bike...as you can see, it looks very much like the stock system. And this kit did come with an ECU.

Thats ok. I was mainly interested in knowing if this bike had the MV race exhaust that the '06 and '07's were supposed to have, and it sounds like the answer is no. I am assuming since the bike doesn't have the race exhaust, it likely doesn't have the EPROM either.

-steve

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand...I guess I should've been more specific. I've attached a pic (not the greatest quality I'm sorry) of an example of a Ti race exhaust that Arrow made for the bike...as you can see, it looks very much like the stock system. And this kit did come with an ECU.
Thanks. The only other picture from the seller shows this exhaust, which looks stock to me.

Does anyone have a pic of the MV race exhaust that MV provided to 910R owners? I'm curious what it looks like compared to stock.

-steve

·
Registered
47 Posts
Okay, Arrow works for MV like Termi does for Ducati, to build their exhausts. MV asks Arrow to design aftermarket exhausts to look very similar, if not identical, to the factory design in a lot of their applications.

In the pics below, you may look at muffler and say it is stock....and you would be wrong. These are in fact Ti race mufflers made by Arrow for MV.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of the MV race exhaust that MV provided to 910R owners? I'm curious what it looks like compared to stock.

-steve
How's this?

·
Registered
73 Posts

-steve
FWIW a Ferracci EPROM works very well in my 06

1 - 12 of 12 Posts