MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Evgeni. I am new on this forum and would like to introduce myself. I live in US. Marred with children :) Comparative skydiver, snowboarder, scuba, long range shooting, hunting. I start feeling that something is missing in my life and understood that it is BIKES. Bought me Honda CRF 150 (My oldest daughter took it away from me) :) I am looking on CRF450 but still there is a place for a street bike. After reading internet and window shopping at local dealers I realized that sexiest bike on the market is MV Agusta :) (Crying at this point) :) 3 sales dudes at different locations told me that the best riding experience they had on MV Agusta 1000S (1098 not even close in handling plus it only 2 heads). So now I started global war with my dealer on the price.
You WON. I surrender and that is why I am here with you. As winners in a "War". I expect you to treat me within Geneva convention, "Feed" me with an ideas and love to this brand, share with me your joy and info :) The only problem I have with this bike is a price and huge depreciation that I notice surfing through e-bay and the other sales places. But I do not give up and will drive my local dealer to hard attack but I'll ride the sexiest beast on the roads of NC :) Meanwhile I will stick up with you so I would not loose my mojo within "Price Battle" Nice to meat ya all :)

Partorg

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
welcome dude.

i guess if i had kids, i'd be 'marred' as well.

anyway, welcome to the group.

depreciation? all bikes have this. % wise, i think MVs are lower than others, like ducati. maybe that's just a japan thing.

-colin

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
TokyoLunch said:
welcome dude.

i guess if i had kids, i'd be 'marred' as well.

anyway, welcome to the group.

depreciation? all bikes have this. % wise, i think MVs are lower than others, like ducati. maybe that's just a japan thing.

-colin
Beat me to it Col

Welcome Partorg, lets hope you get that MV and enjoy your new found passion.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys :) I will buy one. I sow myself in the dream riding one :) What do you think, 19 grand for 1000s 2006 is a good price? Or I can fight little more? :) I think I can fight a little more, it has only one sit on it.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Fight it a lot more. I'm guessing it's brand new, leftover, etc. Some dealers have let them go under 17 (i think. There are some threads on this).

As for depreciation.. i think since there aren't too many out there the market can stand still. It's when you have a flood of something on the market that the price starts to drop. You should be able to get a banging deal on that 1000S. The '08 Rs are only a bit more if you're talking about 19grand, and we're talking about big upgrades

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Hehehehe, welcome. :) Nice introduction, btw.

Hope you get your MV soon so you can fully join the family :f4:

As for the price you were quoted and althouhg i'm not in the US so i don't know the market weel, i'd say it's a bit too much atm for an F4S.
I think with $ 19K you should at least get an F4R :yo: :yo:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks a lot. You guys are ROCK. And spacial thanks to Admin. I am going to work through all this info. I new it must be a way. I felt it :) This info will give me some stractual base for my debates with a sales folks :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am going for 2008R now. Once I know all this. Sorry, I can not take 2nd best. God punished me by make me perfectionist :) I am going to need about 2 month to get down payment ready to the level that I would not have payments to big. So by the time 2008 is out I'll be ready. I thought 2008 will be about 25 grand (Looking at 2007 23 grand) But if I can get 2008 for about 19000.......I am going for it.
If I cheat on my wife, then only with a queen of England (Old Russian proverb) :)

·
Administrator
20,402 Posts
I think you should seriously look at some of the forum member's bikes that are available. You know they have been loved and cared for. Bryan is getting unmarried and has a fine example in Knoxville Tenn area, not too far from you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for an offer, Sir. But I only want a new one. This is going to be MY BABY :) It will ride like me and smell like me :) Can you please tell me where I can read about 2008 model?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
esq'z me said:
I think you should seriously look at some of the forum member's bikes that are available. You know they have been loved and cared for. Bryan is getting unmarried and has a fine example in Knoxville Tenn area, not too far from you.
Actually, please, can you point me on his post? If it 2007 I might think about

·
Administrator
20,402 Posts
Not a 2007, but a good price on a very good bike. :f4:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11506

There are others as well. Look in the Wanted/For Sale section. Or do a search. The Dealer in Atlanta also has some non-currents and a demo white/Black 1000R :mouthwate

Whatever you decide, I am happy for you to be fulfilling a dream. :yo:

see you in the curves !!

·
Registered
284 Posts
welcome to the forum, good luck on buying yor dream bike. don't worry if the dealer doesn.t give it to you for the price you want i made you this prison shiv.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In this "Prison" I would be happy to sleep on nails. I am so shocked that nobody yet called me a "Poser" or anything like that :) That what usually happen when you approach folks honestly and strait forward. Ya all really intelligent and polite people :) Thanks for being so kind and friendly. My plan is like this. If my local dealer will not cooperate, by the time I'll get my money ready, I am going to drop line on this board for the best deal. I do not care about travel. I travel every weekend. I'll go on the other side of the world for that "Baby" :) I do not think I am strong enough to let them ship it :)
I already have a name for it:) My own namе: "mAnGUSTA" I am sure you heard that name before :) Xa.xa.xa.xa.xa Ma.a.an, I am so happy, because I made up mine mind. We are barbarians (Russians, I mean)

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
lol You Russians are effin nuts. I love it. My friend married a Russian woman, she is very beautiful, but is nutty.

Best of luck to you man! I know it will be tough for the next few months to build that down payment.

·
Registered
284 Posts
hmm mangusta, wasnt that a car? made by DeTomaso if i am correct?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts