MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had two people today tell me it sounds like it's about to blow up and a part is loose..
But to me it's always sounded that way..

Is this normal?

·
Administrator
20,360 Posts
Not the quietest of engines.....lot of mechanical sounds in there.

When mine is cold and the idle is low it has a rump rump rump sound like a big V8 with a lumpy camshaft......and all the straight cut gears and roller timing chain just clattering away inside.

If you are concerned go park next to a Ducati with a dry clutch....there's some mechanical sounds for you. Your MV engine will sound whisper quiet in comparison.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yes it's normal.
For me, it's the mechanical cacophony of Ducatis and MV's that I enjoy over that of the Japanese and German bikes.

Mike

·
Registered
80 Posts
I made this video a few weeks ago to see if I could hear the difference between a hot motor and a cold motor (couldn't really hear it). Anyway... by far the loudest motorcycle I've every owned and I've been told it's the loudest bike, by a few other bikers (not MV owners).

Anyway, it's a little mechanical, yes; I think that is because it's an inline 4 versus the V-Twin Ducati that it gets compared to so often.

http://youtu.be/b20ISNS7j34?hd=1

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I made this video a few weeks ago to see if I could hear the difference between a hot motor and a cold motor (couldn't really hear it). Anyway... by far the loudest motorcycle I've every owned and I've been told it's the loudest bike, by a few other bikers (not MV owners).

Anyway, it's a little mechanical, yes; I think that is because it's an inline 4 versus the V-Twin Ducati that it gets compared to so often.

http://youtu.be/b20ISNS7j34?hd=1
:yo: Are you in the same garage? There's a very slight difference, but in any case both scenarios sound HOT !

·
Registered
354 Posts
Someone on this forum, once described it as "Nuts and bolts in a blender" I've always thought that was quite accurate and reassuring. :mouthwate

·
Registered
219 Posts
ive just started mine this morning to warm her up for a run out today and she sounded sweet,no rattles at all and shes not been run for 10 weeks.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
ive just started mine this morning to warm her up for a run out today and she sounded sweet,no rattles at all and shes not been run for 10 weeks.
Shame on you :laughing:
Mine sounds OK, not the sweetest engine I've ever heard though .

·
Registered
119 Posts
At idle mine sounds like one of these things :laughing:

Not the best sounding idle in the world, but all is forgiven once we get moving. :f4:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts