1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
On rare ocasions if it is realy dirty I`ll use a foaming degreaser, then wash, then oil.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi, Greg

I make my own degreaser by shaking detergent with kerosine, half and half. Do this in a jam jar with a closed lid. You should see a thick emulsion form. You can now paint this onto your sprocket, swingarm and other dirty bits, poking and prodding with a 1 inch paint brush. Leave on for about 15 minutes before hosing off with a fairly high pressure hose. .... This has worked for me for the last 20 years.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Idubbs said:
Hi, Greg

I make my own degreaser by shaking detergent with kerosine, half and half. Do this in a jam jar with a closed lid. You should see a thick emulsion form. You can now paint this onto your sprocket, swingarm and other dirty bits, poking and prodding with a 1 inch paint brush. Leave on for about 15 minutes before hosing off with a fairly high pressure hose. .... This has worked for me for the last 20 years.
excellent suggestion... thanks

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Motoclean from Valvoline.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Someone suggested WD-40 for the chain in another similar thread... I tried that, this morning, and it does work well.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
When I do clean it(which is rarely) I use a small portable steam cleaner, taking care not to steam clean the actual chain of course, which would damage the 'O' rings. :)

Attachments

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
571 Posts
Contact brake cleaner on rag.... so the amount is controlled!

It'll break loose all that gunk in a hurry!!!

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Idubbs said:
Hi, Greg

I would not use a high presure cleaner on the rear sprocket/hub assembly.
This is one of the mayor reasons of bearings to corrode and eating up the hub!!
WD40 does the job for me!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 21 Posts