·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.datateck.com.au/Lube/PenriteAus/

Click Here

Penrite MV AGUSTA
BRUTALE 1090 (2012-2014)

Penrite manufactures the following products for your application.
Select from the list below or scroll down to view additional products.
EngineTransmissionFront ForksBrakeRadiatorNotes

10 TENTHS PREMIUM FULL SYNTHETIC 10W-70
Premium 10 is a premium full synthetic, PAO & Ester based, SAE 10W-70 non friction modified engine oil. It contains a DOUBLE LAYER of engine wear protection with *FULL ZINC + (exceeding 2200+ ppm levels) and Penrite’s advanced EXTRA TEN technology.
It is suitable for use in high performance modern engines for both on road and in competition applications. It is also suitable for use in modern 4, 6 & 8+ cylinder, multi cam, multi-valve including VVT, naturally aspirated, supercharged & turbocharged engines, light duty diesel engines as well as four stroke motorcycles with wet clutches.
It can be used where SAE 10W-50 & SAE 10W-60 engine oils are specified.
Key Specifications: API SN/CF, ACEA A3/B3
Product Codes: FS10W70001, FS10W70005, FS10W70020, FS10W70205

Your Thoughts ,summer is coming in Brisbane, anyone using this

cheers eddy

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok ,just tested this oil ,do not use it ,it is to thick and runs the bike about 5 degrees hotter it was about 27 degrees today,so went out and bought the same stuff in 15w 50 ,was perfect ,ran at least 5 degrees cooler than the 10w 70,wonder how they got that recommendation on the site?.

cheers eddy

·
Vendor
5,280 Posts
Eddy,I recently changed over to Penrite 10w70,have been for 2 rides now.One was with the bike shop and a lot of stop/go and my bike ran exactly the same temps as the Motul I was previously using.Penrite have changed the grade now from 10w70 to 10w60.All I noticed was the gearbox was a bit snatchy until the new oil worked it's way through.It didn't take long to smooth out though.Not sure why your bike ran hotter.Strange.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yes, gear changes was not as smooth,maybe i should have given it more time Mitchy,All i know is i feel the difference straight away,I still reckon the best oil i have used was Castrol.
might revisit this later . Temp no idea ,using the 10w 70 i went up 6 to 7 degrees, no idea,maybe the 10w 60
is slightly thinner and might operate better. anyway hope it works for you.

cheers bud

·
Registered
14,407 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Noel,that is just a ridiculous price for oil,who would only pay 25 bucks for 5 liters, must be cheap oil. Why don't you move over to OZ AND BLOODY PAY 3 TIMES THAT AMOUNT.

Just venting we always seem to get screwed over here.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
14,407 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh stop it ,you just about pay that for 1 over here,actually they are by memory 18.90 each ,I am moving to Cuba ,is it cheap over there.LOL

Thanks Noel

·
Registered
966 Posts
Probably the place to move to if you like cigars. Put the same Penrite in mine as Mitch did and haven`t noticed any temp increase, but interestingly got the most mileage ever from the last tank full of bangwater (first full tank since oil change). Italian bikes have their own individual personalities it seems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts