MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm toying with the idea of putting a steering damper on the 910R when it arrives. The Matris damper on Aussie MV's 910R looks great if nothing else, so it might be worth the money just for that - but does anyone have any experience with them? Do they improve the ride? Safety? etc.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
HHHMMMM... I had a Brutale for 2 years, rode it pretty hard, tracked it and took 2 trips to PI on it. I never once felt I needed a dampner. It was perfect the way it was.
I had a monster before that I fitted a dampner to as it got the headshakes on rough roads.
The MV is fine, try before you worry about that is my suggestion.
I remember when I picked it up, I said to the importer does this need a dampner? and he said, if it needed one it would have been fitted at the factory.

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greg Albert said:
HHHMMMM... I had a Brutale for 2 years, rode it pretty hard, tracked it and took 2 trips to PI on it. I never once felt I needed a dampner. It was perfect the way it was.
I had a monster before that I fitted a dampner to as it got the headshakes on rough roads.
The MV is fine, try before you worry about that is my suggestion.
I remember when I picked it up, I said to the importer does this need a dampner? and he said, if it needed one it would have been fitted at the factory.
Thanks Greg - that makes a lot of sense...

·
Registered
266 Posts
steering damper...

If you ride hard, especially off the line, get the damper. One wheel up coming down will usually result in front end wobble w/o the damper. On bumpy road rides, the damper also helps steady the front end for a more secure comfortable ride. It is my opinion only, but "overkill" is my middle name. Enjoy!!!:)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
spalding12 said:
this makes no sense
that importer.... who made that DUMBASS statement..... obviously doens't know anything about the brutale... another jackass with more money than brains or experience

PLENTY OF BIKES need a dampener but don't come with one

again..... there is NO question about this issue
Hmmmm. Maybe I should have made this into a poll! :)

I'll wait for a few more responses before I comment again! :)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
spalding12 said:
no offense intended
it's just that every person on this forum who owns the bike and rides it hard (and.... why buy the bike, otherwise) has a dampener or will get one

just ask
No offense taken at all. I'm grateful for all the feedback and opinions! :)

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
spalding12 said:
by the way.....
it's a matter of geometry and physics

any bike with 143 hp (with the exhaust fitted), weighing so little with such radical geometry.... steep rake angle will have a problem with headshake.

the brutale needed a dampener the moment it came off the design floor
why they didn't include one..... who knows

fix that "problem" before it "fixes" you
At the risk of sounding like a bit of a soft-cock, that makes sense too. Does the F4 have one?

I think I might just have to buy one and find out for myself. The roads here in Western Australia are generally pretty good, but the really fun ones do tend to be a little below par. Combined with what you say above, that's probably another good reason to get one.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Sventekoz said:
At the risk of sounding like a bit of a soft-cock, that makes sense too. Does the F4 have one?

I think I might just have to buy one and find out for myself. The roads here in Western Australia are generally pretty good, but the really fun ones do tend to be a little below par. Combined with what you say above, that's probably another good reason to get one.
the F4 comes with one mounted from the factory

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
More comfortable ride...

The damper will give a much more comfy ride too!!! Evens out the front end almost to the max! You will feel it.:). A damper is a major performance enhancement. Don't skimp.

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
spalding12 said:
the F4 comes with one mounted from the factory
Hmmm. That begs the question - which one? Factory or after-market?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
spalding12 said:
this makes no sense
that importer.... who made that DUMBASS statement..... obviously doens't know anything about the brutale... another jackass with more money than brains or experience

PLENTY OF BIKES need a dampener but don't come with one

again..... there is NO question about this issue
Wow... what happened to our friendly pediatrician? Is this the real no-nonsense Greg? :bash:

We've discussed this topic before.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hey, it is whatever you feel comfortable with. That's why I said wait and see. I never ever felt I needed one, what with the big bars and the forward stance, to me it was perfect. The F4 is a different animal altogether although I have a friend with an F4 750 who took his off for the road. He is a racer (GSX 750) and damn fast.
But hey if you feel safer go for it.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Greg Albert said:
Hey, it is whatever you feel comfortable with. That's why I said wait and see. I never ever felt I needed one, what with the big bars and the forward stance, to me it was perfect. The F4 is a different animal altogether although I have a friend with an F4 750 who took his off for the road. He is a racer (GSX 750) and damn fast.
But hey if you feel safer go for it.

hey....
greg
forgive my intrusiveness tonight
maybe i HAVE lost it :jsm:

whatever is right for each.... is right, of course

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 51 Posts