MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
All depends on the weather and where I'm riding to.

All Year -
To the mountains or track: Full Leathers with race gloves and boots

Spring, Summer, Fall -
Commute to work or around the house: Mesh or Leather jacket, gloves, blue jeans, race boots or over ankle boots.

Winter -
Commute to work or around the house: Heavy lined jacket, textile pants, over ankle boots and winter gloves.

I never leave any skin exposed no matter where I'm riding too.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. Right now I ride this (see pic) and don't worry too much about what I wear on my feet. I'm pretty sure I'll be buying a Brutale and will be using it to commute as much as possible so I wondered what sort of footwear people would recommend.

Thanks again,

Gus

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Thanks everyone. Right now I ride this (see pic) and don't worry too much about what I wear on my feet. I'm pretty sure I'll be buying a Brutale and will be using it to commute as much as possible so I wondered what sort of footwear people would recommend.

Thanks again,

Gus

Nice Spyder, How do you like it?

I hope the Brutale is not your first 2-wheeler, as it is nothing like driving the spyder.

You should still wear boots on that thing, as it's about crash protection more than anything, and on that you're just as exposed to the asphalt as a bike in a crash.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice Spyder, How do you like it?

I hope the Brutale is not your first 2-wheeler, as it is nothing like driving the spyder.

You should still wear boots on that thing, as it's about crash protection more than anything, and on that you're just as exposed to the asphalt as a bike in a crash.
The Spyder is a lot of fun, but honestly it's kind of like having a car when it comes to it's size. Another thing that is a problem here in Miami is that it attracts SO much attention that you can't leave it parked just anywhere. People literally stand next to it to pose for pictures, want to sit their kids on it, etc, etc.
The Brutale will be the first 2-wheeler I own, but not the first one I ride. I spent some time on a BMW R1200GS that a cousin of mine has and after a few hours I felt perfectly comfortable on it. And THAT thing is a beast (size-wise). I'm not really getting the Brutale to break any speed records. Actually, that's why I want a naked bike. I know they're fast, but that annoying wind slamming against me should keep the speeds down. I know it does on my Spyder.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
The Spyder is a lot of fun, but honestly it's kind of like having a car when it comes to it's size. Another thing that is a problem here in Miami is that it attracts SO much attention that you can't leave it parked just anywhere. People literally stand next to it to pose for pictures, want to sit their kids on it, etc, etc.
The Brutale will be the first 2-wheeler I own, but not the first one I ride. I spent some time on a BMW R1200GS that a cousin of mine has and after a few hours I felt perfectly comfortable on it. And THAT thing is a beast (size-wise). I'm not really getting the Brutale to break any speed records. Actually, that's why I want a naked bike. I know they're fast, but that annoying wind slamming against me should keep the speeds down. I know it does on my Spyder.
'some time' Is probably not enough. That's like tooling around in your father's pickup as a kid, then when you turn 16 jumping in an Enzo. Please reconsider. Take an MSF course (if you haven't), and clock at least several thousand miles on a real bike before picking up anything like a 910 or a Speed3. Please.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I wear Draggin kevlar lined jeans, Alpinestars gloves, Alpinestars boots and an Alipnestars leather jacket in the winter with the Shoei XR1000 helmet and in the summer I wear the same except for the jacket, I then wear a Dririder drimesh air flow jacket.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Summer time:
Full helmet
BMW Airflow 2 Suit
Dainese leather gloves
Daytona boots

Winter time:
Full Helmet
BWW ComfortShell suit or 2-piece Dainese leather suit
Dainese leather gloves
Daytona boots

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
'some time' Is probably not enough. That's like tooling around in your father's pickup as a kid, then when you turn 16 jumping in an Enzo. Please reconsider. Take an MSF course (if you haven't), and clock at least several thousand miles on a real bike before picking up anything like a 910 or a Speed3. Please.
LOL. Don't worry, when I said "some time" I didn't mean a couple of hours. I covered somwhere around 2k miles on it. I'm not claiming that's a lot, but it was enough to gain respect for motorcycles.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
LOL. Don't worry, when I said "some time" I didn't mean a couple of hours. I covered somwhere around 2k miles on it. I'm not claiming that's a lot, but it was enough to gain respect for motorcycles.
I'd still highly recommend taking an MSF course, they're invaluable, and at least one high-performance course.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I always wear draggin jeans, vanson perfed leather jacket held gloves daytona boots.

And after spending about an hour yesterday dragging an injured biker up a gully I'd strongly suggest full length boots. He was wearing ankle boots and had nasty bilateral tib/fib fractures and his ankle boots were thrown off at impact and 20 feet away from him. Not sure that full length boots will guarantee no fracture like that but certainly can't hurt. He was also wearing a t-shirt had shattered his shoulder with compound fracture/compartment syndrome................... In riding gear MORE IS BETTER!

Chris

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Ouch!!!

+1 for MSF, it teaches you the MINDSET you need. To this day, I will ALWAYS remember what my MSF instructor said to us, even though I had already been riding on the street for seven years BEFORE I took the course...

"Remember WHEN it is YOUR TURN to go down, you will be wearing what you left the house in, so think that one through BEFORE you leave." Thirteen years later, I am still waiting for my turn, so I have to fully respect my gear:

Canyons: Full leathers, back protector, racing boots and gloves, helmet.

Street: Icon Kevlar Jeans over Fox knee/shin guards, over the ankle Dainese boots, back protector, leather or textile jacket, racing gloves, helmet.

Beach runs: Dolphin shorts, flip-flops, wife-beater, and a skull-cap half helmet...LOVE the beach!!!

I sure hope my turn doesn't come on a beach run, but you gotta look goooood!!!

;)

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
34 Posts
Joe Rocket race jacket, Joe Rocket race leather pants, Alpinestars SMX boots, Alpinestars GP gloves and helmet. Always regading the season and temperarure. If it is really cold I will wear more crap underneath it all. If it is really hot here in the summer I will gladly put up with it instead of chancing losing my skin.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
All depends on the weather and where I'm riding to.

All Year -
To the mountains or track: Full Leathers with race gloves and boots

Spring, Summer, Fall -
Commute to work or around the house: Mesh or Leather jacket, gloves, blue jeans, race boots or over ankle boots.

Winter -
Commute to work or around the house: Heavy lined jacket, textile pants, over ankle boots and winter gloves.

I never leave any skin exposed no matter where I'm riding too.
This is really starting to bug me.....Once again, I completely agree with Flat Line. ATGATT All The Gear All The Time. I don't have race boot, but I'm right with Flat Foot. :)

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Oh, I forgot.....I also wear a back brace and underwear.....

·
The Machinist
2,448 Posts
Ouch!!!

+1 for MSF, it teaches you the MINDSET you need. To this day, I will ALWAYS remember what my MSF instructor said to us, even though I had already been riding on the street for seven years BEFORE I took the course...

"Remember WHEN it is YOUR TURN to go down, you will be wearing what you left the house in, so think that one through BEFORE you leave." Thirteen years later, I am still waiting for my turn, so I have to fully respect my gear:

Canyons: Full leathers, back protector, racing boots and gloves, helmet.

Street: Icon Kevlar Jeans over Fox knee/shin guards, over the ankle Dainese boots, back protector, leather or textile jacket, racing gloves, helmet.

Beach runs: Dolphin shorts, flip-flops, wife-beater, and a skull-cap half helmet...LOVE the beach!!!

I sure hope my turn doesn't come on a beach run, but you gotta look goooood!!!

;)

Griff
twoeleven

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Great pic! That guys railing! :laughing: :jsm:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts