MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Tank Bag

The most common type I've seen here in the New world are those from Twisted Throttle -namely SW Motech. I have the soft luggage on anther bike - always worked well.
Tank bag has GPS holder , the car type

Attachments

·
Registered
769 Posts
The most common type I've seen here in the New world are those from Twisted Throttle -namely SW Motech. I have the soft luggage on anther bike - always worked well.
Tank bag has GPS holder , the car type
They are also quite common here. SW-Motech is a German brand, and they have also some good protection equipment, but non available for the Turismo Veloce, as they never had the bike in their workshop... The solution is quite interesting, and the tank ring can feature an electrical connection and internal equipment to charge the GPS in the bags. I've been considering it, but what retained me was the lack of windowed pocket for the map or the tablet. And just for the sake of asking : with the GPS positioned like that, do you still see the clocks?

·
Registered
189 Posts
My wife just took the XS307 (15 liters) for her Street Triple. I use now exclusively the XS306 (25 liters).

I changed recently my jacket for Dainese one, and it do not have any inside pockets (while my previous jecket had a few), and as a result, I need to find a smaller tankbag for trips that don't last more than few hours. And also noticed that I have a small issue with the XS306. It's a bit big, and once I have all my stuff inside, I struggle to find my wallet or my phone.

A smaller XS319 may fit both purpose :
- having my minimal stuff (phones, wallet, sun glasses, microfiber to clean my visor, and a 0.5 liter of water bottle) for the short trips
- having a closed box in the XS 306 where I can find my key elements

If anyone of you use a XS319, could you please confirm this is making it for the first point?

Thanks in advance.
I used to have a Givi tank bag on my Street Triple, decided I din't like the fitment on the TV with anything but the smallest bags, and even then they would clash with my smartphone mounted on the bars as a satnav. I now use a Kriega R3 waistpack for phone, passport, wallet, sunglasses etc. The advantage is it's always with you, don'y have to remove it and carry it along with helmet etc. at stops. Not quite as convenient as a tankbag for accesing money quickly at tollboths, or quick photos from the side of the road.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Based on Bumpkin's review I bought the Givi bag and the stopngo patch kit with the CO2 canisters. It looks like a good solution and I'll let you know if I see anything that I would like differently once it gets here. Thanks for your help guys
Ok, heres a wrinkle I didn't expect. Bought the Givi tank lock bag Marc and Chas suggested, and the tire repair kit. Got it installed, simple enough. Agree the key is a little hard to reach but manageable, I did have to raise up the recently installed Zumo 595 a little higher to clear the bag, no problem. I stuck all my stuff in it, it all fits, Im liking this by now, then I drop the iPhone into the clear holder on the top of the case...Im really liking this now, with one glance I have the Hub, the Zumo, my iPhone and the radar detector within my peripheral vision...then, the iPhone goes into its lockdown screen, no worries, press the home button, and press and press, nothing, it won't work, the screen is locked. Apparently the home button won't work through the plastic, did you have this problem, resolve it somehow?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I guess your talking about an iPhone 7?
That's one problem with that phone, the home button isn't a physical button anymore and relays on skin contact to work.

You could try changing the lock screen timeout to "never" and then switch on "Assistive Touch" to give you greater control?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Control my phone, for as much as I use it whilst on the bike, via my Zumo 590. Phone stays inside the tank bag.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Ok, heres a wrinkle I didn't expect. Bought the Givi tank lock bag Marc and Chas suggested, and the tire repair kit. Got it installed, simple enough. Agree the key is a little hard to reach but manageable, I did have to raise up the recently installed Zumo 595 a little higher to clear the bag, no problem. I stuck all my stuff in it, it all fits, Im liking this by now, then I drop the iPhone into the clear holder on the top of the case...Im really liking this now, with one glance I have the Hub, the Zumo, my iPhone and the radar detector within my peripheral vision...then, the iPhone goes into its lockdown screen, no worries, press the home button, and press and press, nothing, it won't work, the screen is locked. Apparently the home button won't work through the plastic, did you have this problem, resolve it somehow?
Control my phone, for as much as I use it whilst on the bike, via my Zumo 590. Phone stays inside the tank bag.
Well, same as Chas, the phone is most of the time in the tank bag. I control it via the handlebar commands from the TV dashboard. I can :
  • Take a call
  • start a call from phone menu, using the address book to choose the contact I need to phone
  • using music player menu play, pause, skip back and skip next. As long as my music app is already started on the phone (Deezer in my case)
In other words, unless I want to use Waze or another app on the phone to other purpose than GPS guidance, there is no need to display the phone screen.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well, same as Chas, the phone is most of the time in the tank bag. I control it via the handlebar commands from the TV dashboard. I can :
  • Take a call
  • start a call from phone menu, using the address book to choose the contact I need to phone
  • using music player menu play, pause, skip back and skip next. As long as my music app is already started on the phone (Deezer in my case)
In other words, unless I want to use Waze or another app on the phone to other purpose than GPS guidance, there is no need to display the phone screen.
I went out to the country to ride for a few hours today and learned the following, when the iPhone 7 is in the clear case facing you from the top of the Givi bag it absorbs so much sunshine (it was 90F today) it overheated and shut down with an overheat error message - didn't even know such a message existed. Marc you're correct I can manage most anything I need to from the TVL's hub. Whats been annoying is there I am puttering along and a text or notice comes in and a banner opens up and the music ceases until I clear it. Supposing at this point that prior to any ride I need to turn off notifications, and put the phone inside the Givi not in the clear pocket.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I have a rule with text messages and mails while driving or riding. I don't read them. It is a hard rule for me. Safety first.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I have a rule with text messages and mails while driving or riding. I don't read them. It is a hard rule for me. Safety first.
Same here, incoming calls possibly, though I usually just acknowledge and say I'll call back in a few moments and then find a safe place to pull over before doing so. Texts and emails can wait until the ride is over.

For me riding the bike is an opportunity to get away from it all. Unfortunately work might require a quicker response and it also keeps the wife happy that she can contact me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
  • Take a call
So you guys don't think I am nuts, its a get away for me too, and I don t check texts and email, I do need the phone on for incoming calls from the wife, its when anything comes in....it pauses the Music!!! until I clear it. So now Ive got to find that feature to disable it then I think problems all solved. Tank bag is a good concept, I didn't think I would like it or use it but its a keeper now. Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys, one week with my MV and today my firts post here .....

The MEDIA EDITION HANDLEBAR BAG BY WUNDERLICH (can't post links yet) is not a tank bag but it does the function. Do you think it would work? I like it very much.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
The MEDIA EDITION HANDLEBAR BAG BY WUNDERLICH (can't post links yet) is not a tank bag but it does the function. Do you think it would work? I like it very much.
In theory that would work though you would need to go to the store and check it for fit against your bike first, either that or order from somewhere with a no fuss returns policy so you can offer it up to check fit.

For my use capacity would be a limiting factor. Added to which, loaded with anything such as tools, you are adding weight/inertia to the steering albeit relatively centralised, not sure what effect if any that will have though. I have my Garmin mounted off of the bar clamp and off to the left on a RAM arm and haven't felt any effect.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

• Take a call

I tried so hard to get this working. I gave up, the BT connection for me was really really spotty when playing music from iPhone 7 through the tV to my SENA.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts