MV Agusta Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

Registered
Had a bit of stop light fun on PCH in Malibu with some silver shouty exhaust AMG-something full of kids. Had about a 1/2 mile run and when they finally pulled up again and asked how big the bike was, you could see they didn't expect the answer "800cc" 馃く馃槵.

I am a grey haired child, Haha.

Premium Member
My early Sunday eve ride went well through a joint effort with a Great Horned Owl. The skilled flyer with a wingspan as wide as Brutales are long narrowly missed my upper body. My bad for riding during feeding hours. Keep in mind this is an unusual occurrence given their incredible senses. Sorry, buddy.

Registered
Serviced the forks on the Turismo, new SKF seals/motul oil/new front tyre!
Now have to wait for the rain to stop so I can test ride it.

Reactions: Figifister

Registered
went out on my 910 and what a bike this is the 3ed 910 I have had and it is just brilliant put the mv corse exhaust on decat pipe and chip its tuned perfect gearing is now 16/40
the torque is fantastic temp dose not go above 102c in traffic fan comes on at around 100c and quickly drops with the dc jet prime water pump heal tec qs works a treat Speedo is accurate with heal tec speedo healer no issues with this 16 year old bike.

Premium Member
@mv raptor did you select the 16/40? I鈥檓 running stock 15/43. Curious about why it鈥檚 perfect for you and your 910 and the conditions you often ride in. I鈥檓 currently seeing what鈥檚 out there in terms of availability.

Registered
ebbo i have tried various gearings used to run 15/41 witch was ok just feel that this bike is geared to high for were I live country roads with twisty,s its getting to busy with cars now
and wanted a more drivable bike 15/43 is nuts and as I have had two offs do not want to see the tarmac again all though i have had a lot of fun, 16/40 is more drivable in traffic and on the highway its a more pleasant ride not often on the mv now as I use my Enfield INT its totally de restricted and is a blast and I wont see my licence disappear as you no I live in Scotland and the government here do not want you in a car let alone a motorcycle they are trying to promote walking and cycling on my usual routs meet up with a lot of traffic due to cyclists holding the traffic up they now have priority over every one else imagine me giving it yahoo and going to hit the corner and there a que of traffic this has happened all because of pushbikes that's why had to slow it down so its not so manic a 16 tooth sprocket will fit think I dropped two links off the chain . slipper clutch works a treat too.. hope this helps basically 15/43 non drivable around here 16/40 more sensible and got to avoid all the speed cameras .

Premium Member
@mv raptor ahhh I see. Very clear description of your riding environment. Thanks! Seems like a good realization on your part. I recall your spill and that was worrisome 鈥攚as wondering if you would rebuild/ride. Your current setup makes total sense as a complete package. Great job! Me, most likely sticking with 15/43 and a blk DIDx. Never ever a dull moment on these 910 MVs!

Registered
yep tell me about it , got a few good stories on my escapades on the 910 but we will not discuss them here , on my set up gives more torque and in 6th gear roll on, it still pulls like a train
not stressing the engine not revving the nuts off the bike .

Old Wing Nut
Longer ratio means higher top speed capable, but roadway cruising at lower rpms.

Old Wing Nut
Lola gave me a real thrill today when she started right up and sounded better than ever... this after a bit of time off as I repaired an engine mishap at our last track day.
Flash back to last April 3rd at Road Atlanta when Lola made a pop sound getting on the gas exiting turn 12 and stopped running. Coasted all the way down the front straight and turned down pit-out and back to the pits where I quickly determined my day was done.....
Back to home where a quick inspection revealed the intake cam sprocket bolts had sheared. 4 bent intake valves and cracked valve guides. The loss of intake manifold pressure pulse on number one had rendered the microtec unable to determine cylinder timing for injection and so the engine quit trying to run.
Long story short....sourced some valves, Bruce Meyers did a stellar job of replacing the damaged guides, found the required "thick" head gasket from a fine fellow in Italy, had Cometic make a replacement sump pan gasket...... And she is ready to do battle again. A mere 4 months later.
Yes, I have upgraded the original cam sprocket bolts with some much stronger bolts and the nord lock washers used on later models (not used on the 750 SPR !!)
I'm so happy !!! And Lola sounds happy too !!
Video link:
Lola Runs

Gear Household hardware Auto part Metal Machine
Auto part Metal Machine Circle Titanium
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tire Audio equipment Wood Gas Gadget
Gear Wood Auto part Automotive wheel system Tool
Automotive tire Tire Alloy wheel Motor vehicle Hubcap
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motorcycle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Font Tints and shades Composite material Auto part Automotive tire

41 - 58 of 58 Posts