MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of what did you do to your bike? The real test of a bike is what did your bike do for you today?

I had an appointment in Greenville today which is about 25 miles away. I know that I work too much and do not get to ride nearly enough. So today I took the F3 Ago. It is a great bike and I love to ride it.

This afternoon after I got home I took Mona Lisa to go fill the tank up at a local gas station which has 93 octane ethanol free. It is 7 miles away. All I can say is that even after riding the Ago. Mona Lisa put a huge :grin2: on my face. After filling her up I took the long way home. Merging onto interstate 26, I opened her up in 2nd gear. She is pulling hard and I am over 100 mph before I even got off the on ramp and had to lean quiet a bit to stay on my lane. Mona Lisa makes you want to be bad, she wants you to talk dirty to her and ride her hard. That girlfriend you never had and that you would never take home to met your mother>:). I got home still smiling and thinking she will look great setting in the house when she makes me lose my license. You just can't hold yourself back, she always wants more.

So it is not what I did too my bike today, it is what she did to me. Mona Lisa left me with a huge grin and wanting more.

Registered
Great story - well stated. You know I've always held guys like you, Dave (Castle) and others, who have investment grade sport bikes and aren't afraid to enjoy them for what they're designed to do for you, in high regard. Kudos Andrew!

Reactions: R1andrew

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Dave has even taken his CC to the track.

Premium Member
Emma went to the doctor this week. Nothing wrong, just 4K service time. Brining her home tomorrow and will definitely take the long way home.

Registered
Made me feel good while being in the garage doing a walk-around, while the rain was pouring down. Thanks, bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Next Friday: 2 full days of track days start! Looking forward to getting better acquainted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
The 312R is giving me another chance to excel at disassembly, troubleshooting, repair, and reassembly.....:banghead::banghead::banghead::smoking:

Registered
My bike has me missing her today. Such a good Saturday morning to be out riding but the heart of my beauty dropped a valve 1.5 months ago so she is still at shop waiting for new engine to be shipped from Italy.
At least I am going to the motorcycle races tomorrow and have been channelling my riding urges to my 7 year old stepdaughter who I got this little electric like Vespa for. First words out of her mouth this morning were "are we riding today" I guess some good comes out of a bad situation :)

Registered
R1 Andrew inspired me, so I wil share my story.
Let's first share some info about me, I am in the Dutch military and was on mission in Somalia one year ago and yesterday I had diner with some of the colleagues I was on the mission with. Because of traffic I decided to take the bike(my 2006 f4 1000r)to travel the 100 miles to the colleague who was hosting the diner. On the way back it didn't rain, it poured and I got drenched down to my underwear. Wen I was back home I had driven more than 220 miles in the dark and rain and my so called temperamental Italian bike soldiered one like a Honda African twin, despite the miserable weather I now feel even more connected with my Italian beauty. 鉂
Gr Armando

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
What happened Andrew?

Registered
What happened Andrew?
A woman pulled out on me as I left the petrol station, she had just left the drive thru and didn't even look or stop at the give way part, I hit her rear wheel arch causing me to take a spill at low speed. I have a damaged fairing a busted clutch lever and mirror and 2 bolts shaved on the left side also my gear lever is bent and a pin on the handlebars is busted. Luckily I'm not injured but I think a new set of boots and leathers is also on the claim. The cctv I have seen clearly shows her at fault so it is going to cost her big time. Only 17 days til we meet again my friend and I am certainly looking forward to catching up with you.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Glad to hear you are OK. Bikes can be fixed and replaced. People can not.

Super Moderator
The 312R is giving me another chance to excel at disassembly, troubleshooting, repair, and reassembly.....:banghead::banghead::banghead::smoking:
She came back to life yesterday....:nerd2:

Super Moderator
Velvet Hammer!

Premium Member
Emma came home on Saturday. We couldn't take the long way home because I had to leave for Boone with Mrs. Fingertight. But she did give me a smile as I walked by her in the garage this morning. That's pretty much everyday she does that for me. :)

Registered
Started stripping the goodies of as I'm trading in for a new bike.
Short lived MV ownership but I can't deal with the issues every track day any longer.
Look out in the for sale section for F3 800 parts.

Registered
Mine has pi**ed oil over my carpeted floor this morning. Decided to take the cover off today and have a look and noticed a puddle. New sump gasket needed, 2nd in 13 years of ownership. Serves me right for keeping on the side stand for the last month. Anyone know a good cleaning agent for carpet tiles?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts