MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so we have a thread about "what did you do with your bike today?"
This one is about you, your job, or your .....whatever.
"What did you do today that might be worth laughing or crying about"

This is me and my son "chasing" wall's for a 5x3 house we are about to start wiring for "Owner Builder" project. It was a lovely :jsm: 37degC on the day.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Cool......or should I say hot?

Nothing that interesting here in Bubbaland. Jackie and I rode bicycles today. It's my second ride this year, now that the weather is turning warm.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Don't know how you put up with those constant temps over there, I`d say you've earned a beer young man.

·
Super Moderator
24,412 Posts
I'm doing what I seem to do every day...sleep the daylight away and work the night....

Actually, I only do that 7 nights out of every six weeks.

·
Registered
8,010 Posts
Ran 8 1/2 miles today. Grilled Ribeyes and started a camp fire to roast marshmallows for smores with the family.

·
Super Moderator
22,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ran 8 1/2 miles today. Grilled Ribeyes and started a camp fire to roast marshmallows for smores with the family.
Cheeky bugger, I dug a 40meter trench, 600mm deep, and installed mains cable for this house.
Now I want a beer, but the wife wants me to go the gym with her :wtf:

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
?

Donsy;
I don't understand the construction technique, its killing wall bend strength, but I live in earthquake country too.....you have a solid brick bond beam at the top....but is there any steel in it?

I like the treated lumber though

:drummer:

·
Old Wing Nut
22,680 Posts
One of the things I did yesterday.....

Work today :conveyer:

But yesterday I took Gina out for drinks!! (Yes, Pam was on pillion :) )....

This pic taken at the BP station just a couple of miles from home....and the price per gallon is about the same as for the Ethanol Polluted high test.!

Gina seems to really enjoy this particular watering hole ! :brutale:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Donsy;
I don't understand the construction technique, its killing wall bend strength, but I live in earthquake country too.....you have a solid brick bond beam at the top....but is there any steel in it?

I like the treated lumber though

:drummer:
No earthquake problems here Noel. We only chase on the "inside walls", and then only a third of the brick, the middle and other outer goes untouched, then conduit goes in for the cabling before all get's plastered over.

The outside walls are double brick with a cavity in between the bricks of about 30-40mm I think.

Steel is only used in a few places, like bulkheads and corners or where you have big sliding doors, I'll take some more pics when I go back next week to do the pre-wiring.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Had a top day!
Stopped a piece of sh&t from stealing gopro cameras.
I had been on the lookout, after another of our stores had been hit the day before.
Now in the hands of the local constabulary...

·
Super Moderator
22,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had a top day!
I had been on the lookout, after another of our stores had been hit the day before.
+100 Jon :yo:

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
I did some office work..accountants query, order processing, paid a supplier online..Everything in business is online these days...Packed and posted a radiator bracket to Uk, packed and posted a Laverda side stand and bracket to South Africa....Took a picture of a l/s F4 mirror for a guy on the forum and some other stuff.

I ordered a tank bag for my mate Cargo 001 ..We have found they are great as have a full A4 size panel for the map...

What I didn't do...Wash the truck, wash the car, Wash the R90..(it's still got half of France on it from my visit to the Somme last November.)... Jet wash the drive,

So really useless day ha ha..

I think I will wash the Beemer now..and take her for a spin to dry off.. ; )

joe

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
A Cousin of mine died and was buried last Wednesday.....today I was busy sorting out the the 'Will'..,his 'Care home belongings' the Death registration details at the town hall....,his 'Financial affairs' at the 'Office of care and protection'.,and giving relevant information to my Sisters lawyer (solicitor)...supporting my Mother.
A busy day.
Brian.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
A Cousin of mine died and was buried last Wednesday.....today I was busy sorting out the the 'Will'..,his 'Care home belongings' the Death registration details at the town hall....,his 'Financial affairs' at the 'Office of care and protection'.,and giving relevant information to my Sisters lawyer (solicitor)...supporting my Mother.
A busy day.
Brian.
Sad news Brian,those things always seem to take forever but you just get on with it and it all seems to come together.Take care.

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Had a top day!
great work Jon! +1000

I hate thieves

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
1 - 20 of 84 Posts