MV Agusta Forum banner
5261 - 5280 of 5304 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Saturday 7/9:

Has to troubleshoot why my blinkers were shutting off and never coming back to working unless I cycled the ignition switch.

Solution was removing the aftermarket integrated tail light with signals/brake light sourced through Alex at mygpracing.com - I think something on the board is subject to vibration. I could use them in my garage with the bike not moving with no error. As soon as I went a block away, they would stop working.

Putting the stock tail light back in the bike fixed the issue. I checked all the wires for pinching/exposed wires that could group.|

Sunday 7/10
Rode down to Laguna Seca and did a parade lap on the Brutale. Weee!

Reactions: EBBO

·
Registered
112 Posts
Has to troubleshoot why my blinkers were shutting off and never coming back to working unless I cycled the ignition switch.
You could try putting a couple of load resistors across the indicator terminals. The indicator relays on the older Brutales that didn't come with LED indicators as standard have a self-protection mechanism that trips when it senses too little or too much current being drawn when activated.

I experienced similar problems on both my 2010/2011 Brutales when fitting after market blinkers a while back... only offering up the resistor solution because you've described the problem as resetting itself after you kill the ignition which is what i experienced.

If it was vibration, I would have thought the ignition reset wouldn't have fixed it, but also check your connectors under the dash cover. Sometimes pulling the relay connector off and putting it back might also help things. Hope you get to the bottom of it!

·
Registered
583 Posts
You could try putting a couple of load resistors across the indicator terminals. The indicator relays on the older Brutales that didn't come with LED indicators as standard have a self-protection mechanism that trips when it senses too little or too much current being drawn when activated.

I experienced similar problems on both my 2010/2011 Brutales when fitting after market blinkers a while back... only offering up the resistor solution because you've described the problem as resetting itself after you kill the ignition which is what i experienced.

If it was vibration, I would have thought the ignition reset wouldn't have fixed it, but also check your connectors under the dash cover. Sometimes pulling the relay connector off and putting it back might also help things. Hope you get to the bottom of it!
2010 came with LED blinkers. This setup with the integrated tail light was working absolutely fine for years until just recently.. I checked all the connections, they are all in perfect shape. No wire rub-through. No oxidation on the connectors. The flasher relay is meant to deal with LED bulbs. It all works perfectly in the garage with the bike NOT moving. Engine running or off, blinkers work perfect. Brake light on or off the blinkers work perfect. Take it out on the road works for a bit, then nothing. Leads me to think vibration is knocking something momentarily loose. The controller does not reset without the ignition cycle. Works fine again until I start moving and get some vibration, then blinkers stop working.
I was able to give the tail a smack with my hand while in the garage and the blinkers quit working. Cycle power, they work again. Once the control module senses an issue it turns off that circuit it seems. Why MV couldn't just use a regular damn LED blinker control until and circuit design is beyond me.

With the stock tail light and all the rest of the blinkers the same, no issues this weekend. I guess I will open the light housing and see what is what.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Why MV couldn't just use a regular damn LED blinker control until and circuit design is beyond me.
🤣 that is why both of my Brutales now have a Toyota blinker relay... it's horrific but works without fail with no load resistors and whether I use aftermarket or the stock OEM ones or some random combo...

Reactions: falcn

·
Registered
583 Posts
🤣 that is why both of my Brutales now have a Toyota blinker relay... it's horrific but works without fail with no load resistors and whether I use aftermarket or the stock OEM ones or some random combo...
I feel that... Damn Italians are their own worst enemies sometimes. I was definitely thinking of going that route, just had to solve this quick for the ride Sunday.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Started to take front wheel out and then realised I do not have hex big enough to take out spindle 🙄
Decider to change brake pads instead
So question - why one side pads are practically worn out and other is quite fresh?
Hand Wood Gesture Finger Thumb

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sticky calliper maybe? Best to service both sides at same time if that's the case.

Reactions: Boriss

·
Old Wing Nut
24,498 Posts
Sticky piston on one side of the caliper.... A good cleaning of the pistons and their seals would be in order.

Reactions: Boriss

·
Registered
583 Posts
Started to take front wheel out and then realised I do not have hex big enough to take out spindle 🙄
Decider to change brake pads instead
So question - why one side pads are practically worn out and other is quite fresh?
View attachment 495717
When you have a line that goes Master -> right caliper -> left caliper, then the right caliper can get a little more pressure or activate sooner. On my Brutale the front line splits under the fender wing and goes to both calipers at the 'same' time.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Bought a Ryobi one impact driver so I can remove my back wheel without having to take it to a tyre fitter every time I want to work on it, works beautifully took about 2 seconds! New angel gt’s on Monday.

·
Registered
643 Posts
New tyres installed, so took the opportunity and made a new tail tidy so I can get rid of the mudguard and put the indicators higher up.
Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system Tire Automotive tire

Out with the old!
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tire Automotive design

Bicycle tire Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tail & brake light

Wood Bumper Gas Auto part Metal
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Vehicle

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Amber Bumper

Drilled and tapped the tail, all wires inside a fabricated aluminium channel.
Hood Vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Rim

Also ran a black silicone bead around the fender to stop the thing filing with crap!

5261 - 5280 of 5304 Posts