MV Agusta Forum banner
5201 - 5220 of 5239 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Here, here @esq'z me ! I am a big fan of the rotate the frame method. I know it is more work, but it makes working on the valves sooo much easier. Glad you were able to sort the bolts out.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Decided it was time for major service on Gina before spring gets here.
Hadn't checked the valves since around 12K miles, when they were all within spec, so thought this would be something to check again with almost 30K miles now.
Well, the 910R was a different story. Using my best techniques and all do care and proper tools (same as I used on the F4) I managed to get 9 bolts to "crack"...7 refused to budge and eventually the hex head socket became less of a hex.
Headless bolts come out with my fingers. You can see the new 12 point bolts in some of the holes where I managed to get the damn hex socket bolts loose.
Wow you had a way worse experience than me. I only had 1 bolt round the head.

Glad to see the 12-points worked out for you as well. I'm definitely not going through that nightmare again.

·
Super Moderator
7,589 Posts
Well, this job took about 10 hours over two days.
Sorted a minor oil leak, front left corner of the tappet cover (not uncommon).
Anyway, removed the seat unit, all fairings, tank, airbox, air intakes, electrical covers, radiator to give it a clean & throttle bodies.
Out came the tappet cover. I like to keep spares of consumables and things like, well, tappet cover gaskets.
I took the opportunity to clean the hell out of everything I had access to.

But here's why I am posting up the mundane stuff above.
I've got a question for you:
Have you ever taken the time to have a really close look at this part of a first generation F4? See pics below.
Massimo Tamburini was a bloody genius. As amazing and timeless as the Gen 1 bike looks, it is a little beauty with the fairings off.
And a joy to work on.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
When the world has gone mad with war and sickness pull up a small stool to your shine of design.

Reactions: bogie

·
Registered
560 Posts
just been out for quick ride out not far after putting bike back on the road with new mivv can shorty View attachment 492667
. Wow, I think that is the first non-OEM single can exhaust I like on a Brutale. Arrow makes nice stuff, but I don't think the single can in the middle of the tire looks as good as OEM.

This one looks really nice... 🤔🤔👍

Sound clip video?

·
Registered
640 Posts
falcn that is why I bought it it s a bmw S 1000R exhaust bought the whole can and fittings for less than an arrow can, it fits on the GPR exhaust fittings link pipe
I always thought the GPR M3 can was to long this looks just right . this can is just right and it has a good sound to it no baffle but I put back the original cat .

·
Registered
F4 1000 S, F4 1000 R, F4 1078, 750 Senna, Tamburini, Tamburini, Corsacorta
169 Posts
Fitted the Senna reservoir covers to the Senna,
the Motocorse side stand to the Corsacorta.

Thanks again, Andrew

Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Automotive tail & brake light Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

Reactions: XPARAUK

·
Registered
513 Posts
I finally ordered new front brake line and clutch line for my 910R. Ever since I bought it used (10 years ago!) there has been corrosion on the banjo fittings near the master cylinders which always bugged me but was obviously harmless. Then a few years ago, I noticed the plastic covering cracking. So finally I decided to replace them. They are no longer available from MV, so I had to go the custom route and my dealer works with Galfer. I measured them up and sent in the information. I had no desire to do anything different than stock (they offer different colors for every part), so it doesn't look any different really - except to me! Also, while doing the work, I noticed a little bit of coolant hanging from the bottom of the water pump. So, back to the dealer to get the water pump seal and o-ring (wonder of wonders, they actually had them in stock!). That is the second time I've replaced the seal (currently at 63,000 miles); the first time was at 38,000 miles. Got everything back together today and took it out for a ride. So happy to have the shiny new brake and clutch lines - and no coolant leak!

Old Lines:
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

White Motor vehicle Light Automotive tire Vehicle

New lines:
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Hood

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Automotive design Automotive exhaust

Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wheel Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just thought I'd share some pics of new seat covers I ordered from Volcano - handmade quality is good, seconded by the auto apholsterer I took them to get fitted on the seats. They are snug, so definitely recommend sending them to a pro to have fitted, unless you are experienced in this area (which I am not...!)

Nothing wrong with the original vinyl as you can see from the photo below so made sure they were returned to me in case I ever want to restore back to OEM.

Organism Natural material Personal protective equipment Carmine Fashion accessory

Most impact on the 920...

Luggage and bags Bag Motor vehicle Automotive design Baby carriage

Photograph Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

1090RR 'mono-posto' seat 🤣 also looks pretty good!

White Automotive tire Green Automotive lighting Light

·
Registered
106 Posts
So it’s my turn to experience rear indicator failure. Yesterday left failed and today the other one.
Took off number plate assembly, but got stuck with 4 rusted screws.
Will try to get them out tomorrow with impact driver and see if can re-solder failed leds
Drum Hood Automotive tire Tire Bag

·
Registered
613 Posts
So it’s my turn to experience rear indicator failure. Yesterday left failed and today the other one.
Took off number plate assembly, but got stuck with 4 rusted screws.
Will try to get them out tomorrow with impact driver and see if can re-solder failed leds
View attachment 493809
I did this to mine, Motogadget very happy and very bright only $65 each
Motor vehicle Light Mode of transport Automotive exterior Font

Brown Amber Wood Rectangle Sunlight

Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Fluid Cosmetics Bumper

Reactions: Boriss

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,313 Posts
This was not for my bike, but for a relatively local member who needed help restoring the Fuel Cap Latch and Fuel System in an early F4 750 Diamonte:
New internal vent/drain lines
New fuel filter
New fuel inlet screen
New fuel pump
Changed to metal PC fittings
New lines from Fuel Pump Plate to fuel injection rail
Switched to stainless Fuel Injection Clamps
New Pump Plate O-ring
Refurbished frozen Fuel Cap Latch
Replaced the in-tank electrical connection on the Power Supply to the Fuel Pump

Bicycle part Tool Gas Machine Auto part

Wood Gas Engineering Auto part Machine

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Rim Vehicle brake

Automotive tire Plastic bottle Asphalt Walking shoe Gas

Gas Automotive wheel system Machine Auto part Engineering

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Engineering Machine

Automotive tire Boat Motor vehicle Rim Naval architecture

Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Automotive design Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Camera accessory

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Steering wheel Engineering

Reactions: EBBO
5201 - 5220 of 5239 Posts