MV Agusta Forum banner
5181 - 5200 of 5239 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
A few months back, I learned 1 of the fuel hoses came lose in the F4 R312’s tank, followed by two others disintegrating. Our passionate forum moderator guru ‘Silent‘ helped me secure the parts needed to make the repairs, to include walking me through the process (thank you again Silent!). Anyone here who has a spare pair of “Clic-R“ pliers, let me know for using needle nose pliers loosening and retightening the clic-r clamps was a job and a half to say the least.

Move forward to today…besides clear blue skies this AM it was also a nice breezy 78*F, versus fricking hot, hot and hotter here in Texas. The ole girl whispered to me, please take me out for a stretch my legs 50-mile run. I obliged and good God, she is as bad-ass today as she was when I first acquired her. Having a microtec ECU and full Ti system also helps. 😈

Upon returning, I took out 3 of her V-Twin sister mates and stretched their legs for an approximate 10-mile run each. While there is something magical with each V-Twin, it is the sheer adrenaline rush you get when the Ferrari-designed inline 4 opens up and the F4 settles in like a bat out of hell!

Here is a picture of the F4 R312 and several more highlighting 3 of her sexy beasties. I hope everyone is having a great and safe weekend.

·
Registered
456 Posts
So last week finished rebuilding rear brake caliper, installed new brake line and new pads got it bled (finally) today put fuel tank back on and fueled her up
Fired up with just a touch of the button and let engine warm up ( geez must be the best sound) so hopefully tomorrow will get few other things done and take her for a ride

Reactions: Blinxnot

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
Year 2008 7 pcs 60mm exhaust springs replaced (measured end to end compressed but extended).

Coil Electronic device Font Auto part Coil spring

Office supplies Tool Font Everyday carry Metal

Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle Tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
Dragster 800rr 2021
85 Posts
Reflectors off, will be a wheel out job.
just took mine off…. Ish.
Managed to get the rhs bracket off with the wheel still on, then went to do the lhs….
Had forgotten about all the gubbins going on that side so took the reflector off but left the bracket for now.
My question, there is also the sensor mounted on top of the bracket with the same bolts, by removing the reflector bracket the sensor will end up 2mm or so further from the disc, is that going to effect things?

·
Old Wing Nut
24,277 Posts
The “person” who invented clic-r clamps should be hung, drawn, and sixteenthed.
Oh come on....they aren't all that bad. Just need the correct pliers and correct size clamps.
I hate the "one time use" oetiker clamps...getting them off involves destruction. not made for routine maintenance.

Reactions: MVF4S750

·
Registered
934 Posts
Well finished up all the prep for the trip to the Dragon, then went for a ride. The weather was perfect and my TVL ran beautifully.

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
This Sat eve with a drink now in hand... I'm happy to report using a Porter Cable for the rear nut removal was stupid easy. :D

New to me Marchesini Forged rims are going on with Conti SportAttack 4. Front conversion is next.

Pneumatic tool Drill Handheld power drill Tool Saw

·
Registered
27 Posts
Fitted new exhaust [5 kilos lighter], some frame plugs and a stone guard for the upper radiator.
The search function on this forum worked extremely well, making removal of the fairing to fit the stone guard and fitting the frame plugs very straight forward jobs.
Many thanks to the members that took the trouble to post the instructions.

Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

·
Registered
188 Posts
What do you do when locked-down due to the Pandemic... besides working from home and the occasional early Sunday morning ride? You let your creative juices flow thinking about all the wonderful things you can do with your Mistress and/or Mistresses, which entails saving money for those uber-expensive upgrade ideas that float around in the noggin.

Late last year the stars aligned and I came into possession with the final piece for my 2009 F4 RR312 - an Ohlins FGR front-end. Sure, I thought about changing to carbon fiber wheels, while I am very happy with them being magnesium. Back on topic... as you can imagine, it was not a simple remove/plug-and-play operation. It meant manufacturing shims and spacers for the top and bottom triples, clip-on's and front wheel + brake calipers. Key was to make them look they were part of the bike from the get go. This turned into many iterations via trial and error and with the attached three pictures, you can see all is well. The pictures illustrate how I envisioned this beautiful example of motorcycle art would turn out when I put the MVArt stamp on her.

So what did I do to my bike today? I finally finished the front-end upgrade, thoroughly cleaned this beastie and took some pictures.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Toy

·
Registered
513 Posts
100,000 km!

Okay, my odo actually reads, 62,137 miles, but 100,000 sounds so much better (still nowhere near @col (Well it made it).

I knew I was getting close so went out for a 150 mile ride yesterday and pulled over once the mileage showed and took some photos. Won't be putting on the miles so much now that the Brutale has a stablemate in the form of a 2016 TVL I just got a couple of weeks ago. But, while the TVL is nice, my heart is still firmly held by the Brutale. Still love this bike.

Speedometer Motor vehicle Vehicle Gauge Odometer
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
2017 TVL RC
6,981 Posts
What do you do when locked-down due to the Pandemic... besides working from home and the occasional early Sunday morning ride? You let your creative juices flow thinking about all the wonderful things you can do with your Mistress and/or Mistresses, which entails saving money for those uber-expensive upgrade ideas that float around in the noggin.

Late last year the stars aligned and I came into possession with the final piece for my 2009 F4 RR312 - an Ohlins FGR front-end. Sure, I thought about changing to carbon fiber wheels, while I am very happy with them being magnesium. Back on topic... as you can imagine, it was not a simple remove/plug-and-play operation. It meant manufacturing shims and spacers for the top and bottom triples, clip-on's and front wheel + brake calipers. Key was to make them look they were part of the bike from the get go. This turned into many iterations via trial and error and with the attached two pictures, you can see all is well. The pictures illustrate how I envisioned this beautiful example of motorcycle art would turn out when I put the MVArt stamp on her.

So what did I do to my bike today? I finally finished the front-end upgrade, thoroughly cleaned this beastie and took some pictures.

View attachment 489034

View attachment 489035
Now that is an upgrade

·
Old Wing Nut
24,277 Posts
Decided it was time for major service on Gina before spring gets here.
Hadn't checked the valves since around 12K miles, when they were all within spec, so thought this would be something to check again with almost 30K miles now.
Found all the exhaust right at the loosest spec (0.29 mm) and 2 intakes right at the minimum spec (0.15mm)...OK, I just adjusted the valves on my F4 SPR last month (one tight intake, all the rest fine...dang it) so I know what I'm doing.....
The F4 cam cap bolts all came loose, although there were moments I was bit nervous before hearing the crack as they broke loose. Why are they so damn tight??
Well, the 910R was a different story. Using my best techniques and all do care and proper tools (same as I used on the F4) I managed to get 9 bolts to "crack"...7 refused to budge and eventually the hex head socket became less of a hex.
Time to step back and take a deep breath. Proceed, or ignore the valves, which are technically still in spec...
If you know me, you know the answer...I am here and I don't like to half ass a job just because it's easier... Besides, nothing better than a mechanical challenge.
Recalling the "lift the frame off the engine to adjust valves" method, I decided to give it a whirl.
Ratchet straps through a D-Ring in a ceiling hoist (used for rear hubs and such before) and wooden blocks to support the engine. Rear wheel in the work lift chock for stability....and up the front end went.
Time to drill some bolt heads... ugh.
I managed to get one bolt out with the Vessel impact driver and T40 bit after drilling into it a little ways, but only one. All the others required drilling the head all the way off. A painstaking process with frequent stops to clear chips with a magnet and check depth of hole. Yes, I had tape and rags shielding the internals from possible debris getting in.
Once the bolt heads were off, the remaining bolt shaft was removed with my fingers.
I am replacing all with better bolts and external 12 point heads.
And yes...it is easier to do a valve adjustment with the frame away from the engine...just a lot more work. But what else do I have to spend my time on when it's cold??
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle Automotive lighting
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Automotive design Rim

Headless bolts come out with my fingers. You can see the new 12 point bolts in some of the holes where I managed to get the damn hex socket bolts loose.

5181 - 5200 of 5239 Posts