MV Agusta Forum banner

5141 - 5159 of 5159 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Confirmation sent, my new calibrated NITRON NTR-R3 with Hydraulic Preload Adjuster is on its way from US-based, Western North Carolina Fast Bike Industries. Matching TVT custom cartridges to follow after next week's FBI build. --MotoAmerica makes this a busy time for them. Can't wait! Can I have a 'high-five'!!!! 🙌

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Well, folks... my Nitron NTR-R3 rear shock with Preload Adjuster is in, finished a few minutes ago. It is 1lb lighter than stock. Next, the forks with TVT Nitron cartridges.

A couple of pics added to edit number2

Right side

Left side

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
The secondary air system removed, the two 12mm vents capped, and the airbox hose connector plugged with black RTV. Associated harness plug wrapped to waterproof, labeled, and zip tied for security. This is reversible if the removal messes with performance. From what I understand it should not. The weight, .8 lbs removed.

Pics added number2

This is the Secondary Air System removed. I can always install it again.
IMG_3912.JPG

Detail of the transparent vacuum 12mm cap with zip tie. There are two of them.
IMG_3909.JPG

Overview shot of two vacuum caps installed
IMG_3910.JPG

This shot is the wire harness zip tied to keep secure.
IMG_3908.JPG

The plug waterproofed and secure. Upper right corner.
IMG_3907.JPG

This is the airbox hose connector with black RTV as fill. A 12mm vacuum cap with zip tie could be used instead. The connector can be removed but the hole needs to be blocked.
IMG_3911.JPG

·
Registered
108 Posts
today I put a veltro sprocket protection with a 1090 speed sensor and speedohealer :) and add a personalized titanium name plate

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
B4 910 ergonomic tweak:
removed 19mm from each side of Rizoma Conical Tapered Handlebar, Height 29-22mm MA01.
Filed perfectly flat. Added chamfered interior and exterior. Blackened.
Adjusted all handlebar controls and remounted bar ends.
Went out for a ride to test and enjoy the fresh suspenders.
19mm on each side makes a significant ergonomic difference.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Moved my bike to the back of the garage while I wait on a new EPROM. I hate when my stuff is broke.....At leas its nothing major.

·
Registered
944 Posts
As we are confined here in France and what I can do with my bike is limited to essential shopping (basically food), there is fair chances that I won't ride it by march next year... Took benefit of the sunny day today to clean it up and get it ready for next season. It took me about 3 hours, and it's now under the winter cover.
Tomorrow, if the weather is the same, I'll take care of my wife's bike.
If you have the chance to ride your bike, enjoy, and share about it :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
As we are confined here in France and what I can do with my bike is limited to essential shopping (basically food), there is fair chances that I won't ride it by march next year... Took benefit of the sunny day today to clean it up and get it ready for next season. It took me about 3 hours, and it's now under the winter cover.
Tomorrow, if the weather is the same, I'll take care of my wife's bike.
If you have the chance to ride your bike, enjoy, and share about it :)
Sorry to hear that are not able to ride your moto, except for supplies.
A friend in Italy is in the same situation. He only goes out for food and wine...
We (california) are probably heading for a stricter shut down too.

That said I did a deep cleaning of my MV a couple weeks ago.
But, have not ridden it since, due to weather and health.

Here's hoping 2021 is a better year than this one.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I just brought all my bikes in the house as winter is settling in here. 😔

·
Registered
944 Posts
Sorry to hear that are not able to ride your moto, except for supplies.
A friend in Italy is in the same situation. He only goes out for food and wine...
We (california) are probably heading for a stricter shut down too.

That said I did a deep cleaning of my MV a couple weeks ago.
But, have not ridden it since, due to weather and health.

Here's hoping 2021 is a better year than this one.
Just to be a bit specific about 2020. Ususally, i'm doing between 7000 to 10000 km in a normal year. This year, my bike did less than 2000 kms. It's the lowest mileage I did in a year on a motorbike since I have my driving license back in 1992...

Reactions: Teeps

·
Registered
490 Posts
I rode about 12,000 miles but most of those were on my new 2020 FJR1300ES.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Just to be a bit specific about 2020. Ususally, i'm doing between 7000 to 10000 km in a normal year. This year, my bike did less than 2000 kms. It's the lowest mileage I did in a year on a motorbike since I have my driving license back in 1992...
About the same for me.
So little so, that my bike has timed out on the her oil change!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ordered shit lots of spares for the Svartpilen, cleared out a corner so I can finally finish the Duc Engine and get it back on the road next week or the weekend after.....upside of a lock down light, more time doing shit in my garage as my missus is stuck in Singapore :giggle:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Just the usual maintenance stuff for me...Hub, Oil and Front disks.
wonder were you got that exhaust from lol looks good have done the same as you new 2010+ hub with new bearings new bars fitted rizoma and also discovered that my alarm was on its way out its a meta T V2 Apparently they last about 10 years and then the internal battery starts to play up these alarms are no longer available but I had a stroke luck there as in my shed I new I had one I bought it for £10.00 on eBay years ago and there it was the exact alarm so replaced alarm and sorted, also sourced a bypass plug if it plays up again, replaced frount wheel bearings got someone to do it for me and replaced with new tyres Metzelars Z6 Question has anybody had trouble fitting these as the guy who fitted them said they were the hardest tyre he has ever tried to fit they nearly broke his machine

·
Super Moderator
2,643 Posts
Good to hear from you - suggest you raise a Metzler Z6 Issue as a separate maintenance post as the questions a good one to confirm with the community.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Put on my new SC Project can.... wow!!

Reactions: Edward
5141 - 5159 of 5159 Posts