5101 - 5120 of 5159 Posts

·
Administrator
20,754 Posts
Very Nice !!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Properly balanced my throttle bodies. And did this to my helmet...

(No it doesn't obstruct my vision, the aperture on the AX8 helmet is so big that the decal bearly visible in my peripheral)

Ps.

Please excuse the mess in the background!

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rode it.

Got the "malfunction" and "exhaust valve" messages.

Rode it home.

Hopefully it's an easy fix. I've seen the threads on this issue.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bled the ABS section of my rear brake and I have rear brakes! The lever would reach full travel with no resistance and when pumped a bunch of times I could hear air slightly leaking from the abs area. I can't hear anything now, so hopefully it will last a little bit. I'm not hopeful and don't really use the rear brakes much, but they're handy when stopped on an incline and I want to rest my wrists.

And a huge thank you to silentservice703 for posting the service bulletin for rear brake bleeding. I can't find the service manual anywhere for my abs model and without him it still wouldn't work.

Reactions: Edward

·
Registered
466 Posts
Finally got everything together again, after doing the whole fuel-hose-filter-fittings-connectors and bottom plate thing -- And the dang thing fires up at the first push of the starter button .. :LOL: (y) Acting like I've just shut it down yesterday .. Not a single hiccup .. just straight into a nice relaxed idle .. and immediate throttle pickup, like I'm used to .. Managed to service my rear brake before putting the tank back on... The F4 must have the most inconveniently located rear brake reservoir EVER .. Tomorrow will be the day for a nice test ride ..

Reactions: silentservice703

·
Registered
227 Posts
Did an 80 odd mile local roads blast at a fairly spirited pace at times, cleared my head a treat! Did a checkover when I got back, thankfully no problems. It surprises me how much attention a 15 year old machine gets from other bikers and sometimes the public! Waiting in traffic I often get car drivers saying "nice bike mate". Bikers often say it sounds amazing.
All helps to oil the wheels of life!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Cleaned the front end.
Took her for spin to dry out the spokes.
Checked air pressure, I find these require checking every week or so.
Only one mono, up West Coast Highway...
Came home and had a vino while admiring the shiny clean wheels (did rear the weekend before).

·
Registered
363 Posts
Want a little crazy white some new U channel trim and I couldn’t be happier. Fit perfect around the headlight, ignition cover, and deleted passenger seat cover. Particularly excited about the headlight! That’s one high-vibration area I’ve been looking to dampen for years and it worked like a charm!

Black U Channel Edge Trim Rubber... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DGD88L9?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Also pulled off my Throttlemeister bar ends and resprayed them with black Plasti-Dip to bring back the original color and tackiness. An easy 1-hour project that makes for a nice refresh.

Lastly, a full wash and quick ride around town to ‘air dry’

Reactions: Surfer Dave

·
Super Moderator
22,844 Posts
Nice find...just ordered some.

Reactions: über

·
Registered
230 Posts
Went for the last ride on my F4.

She performed beautifully and looked as gorgeous as ever.
She didn't go over 96 degrees even in stop go traffic.

The rain kindly stayed away.

The knee I have just booked an appointment with the knife for a total replacement didn't complain though after 45 minutes both wrists were crying "enough".

I got a little more than I paid for her as a trade at my local and a very nice deal on a new Ducati Scrambler 1100.

At 61 and with a slightly crumbly "chassis" of my own, it was time to admit the F4's ergos didn't match well with my own.

I hope to one day find a Dragster RR or something similar but for now, with four active street bikes, I better stay out of the "for sale" section..LoLz.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Finally received the new fuel hoses. So basically I started out ordering the metal CPC’s, then thought why not replace the hoses too for something better looking like a kevlar one, so I started looking, in the end I went with XRP
Pro Plus hoses which are smooth bore convoluted teflon, kevlar braid with silicone protection outer! This gives them smooth radius and flow, good bending properties and protection As well as easy clean. These are -6plus. My intention was to go with a horseshoe metal fitting on the fuel rail, but they only came with a -6an fitting which meant another fitting would be required pushing up cost and eating into space at the fuel rail, so I instead I went with virtually the same plastic efi connectors on the rail as stock.

old vs new

original hoses had some wear and a nick in it!

crimped connectors on the fittings, black at the rail end and one black one nickel at the pump end to replicate the factory black and white connectors somewhat. Unfortunately the crimping job wasn’t as neat as they looked in the literature, post crimping they seem to get a bit mangled :(

good old plastic cpc’s...replacing them, what could possibly go wrong?

Um...damn!!

Tried a few things to shift it, fortunately I had one of these!!

thankfully it was removed intact and replaced with the metal numbers!

Fitted up...

thought I’d do the rear brake fluid before fitting the tank as it wasn’t working great...wtf is that?? Hopefully it’ll work properly now!

·
Registered
365 Posts
And after firing up Eventually last night on putting on the new hoses, today it won’t start and there’s pressurising in the tank from the hose coming from the top of the pump, which was only changed 2 years ago!!

Looks like off the road again...anyone recommend best place to get genuine parts in the uk? My last order from MV-parts online took weeks and weeks!

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Better start a new thread Nito specific to your new problem as to not bog down this one. I'll then ask if you changed the filter and age of all internal hoses. Others will chime in then as well. Good pics!

·
Administrator
20,754 Posts
@Nito ....hose popping off the fuel pump is well known dilemma.
If the internal hoses are more than a few years old you should replace.
@silentservice703 can fix you up with the correct hose (submersible injection hose...very expensive!!). Or you can get it locally. Replace the Clic-R clamps with worm screw type on the end that pops off !!!!
Good luck.

Reactions: Nito
5101 - 5120 of 5159 Posts