MV Agusta Forum banner

5081 - 5100 of 5110 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
@MVBERT , I’d read that previously also, might have been one of your posts, I guess it also depends on ride height/hub rotation settings, mine really leans far too much as stock. I measured with a 20mm block of wood (which is supposed length difference with the motocorse) and it was perfect for my bike.

Thinking about it, although the ride height adjuster compensates for ride height in respect of hub position, I suspect the eccentric hub position has the more pronounced bearing on side stand lean level than purely ride height.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
@MVBERT , I’d read that previously also, might have been one of your posts, I guess it also depends on ride height/hub rotation settings, mine really leans far too much as stock. I measured with a 20mm block of wood (which is supposed length difference with the motocorse) and it was perfect for my bike.

Thinking about it, although the ride height adjuster compensates for ride height in respect of hub position, I suspect the eccentric hub position has the more pronounced bearing on side stand lean level than purely ride height.
Sorry not sharp with this techy stuff, do you mean that one of our bikes has been lowered? If so doubt it's mine, I'm on bloody tipy toes when I gets mi leg over and although vertically challenged I am not that much of a midget.

Those Motocorse stands are so beautifully light compared with the cast Iron(probably metaphorical denoting it's heavy) MV one. Shame I could not keep mine, the irony is that as an after market part it fitted the fairing perfectly, as opposed to my stock stand for which I have had to modify(very neatly/discretely done) my belly pan to stop it catching. I have seen pics of MV's for sale showing marks on the belly pan where the stock stand catch's so it wer'n't just old Bert. Don't think my Mech was too impressed with that.

The Motocorse stand was also easier to catch with my foot to bring it down.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sorry not sharp with this techy stuff, do you mean that one of our bikes has been lowered?
The eccentric hub has the axle line offset from the centre. As you tighten the chain you inadvertently alter the ride height of the bike. Hence the ride height adjuster on the shock linkage which can compensate. Although this brings the ride height back to where it should be, the axle could still sit higher or lower in the hub relative to the swingarm which in turn could alter the lean, in the same way that a flat tyre has the bike standing more upright!

·
Registered
124 Posts
A 240 mile round trip to the Lake District, which included Kirkstone, Hardknot, Whinlatter and Wrynose Passes, no photos as we try not to stop on these passes if possible especially when the Turismo clutch still likes to kangaroo now and again:)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Mounted the new Metal fuel connectors to the Rail hoses -- Tomorrow it will be time for the bottom plate and the female connectors...

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
NITRON order placed with FBI. NTR3 with a hydraulic preload adjuster and a set of TVT25. NITRON will build and ship to FBI for the cartridge install then to me.

·
Administrator
20,034 Posts
Just changed Lola's rear sprocket for the 37T since I'm headed to Road A for a track day (longggg back straight)....adjusted chain for the smaller sprocket (2mm from rivet center to tip of guard) and reset ride height.
Changed the oil, checked everything over....she's ready to go !!!

Now I need to calibrate this gear position indicator I got and see if I like it.

·
Administrator
20,034 Posts
Got the gear position indicator working.
And added some decals from @Jigsaw312rr down in OZ
Looks good, thanks mate !!
Lola July 2020.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
Technically it was Tuesday but fitted the Healtech Quickshifter and the Datalogger from Merc. Need to do some tuning of the quick shifter as it doesn't appear to be cutting the engine as it is meant to.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Stripped the Turismo clutch out to check if I had fitted the anti judder spring the correct way round after a comment in the Clutch Release thread, it was the correct way round.

5081 - 5100 of 5110 Posts