MV Agusta Forum banner

5061 - 5080 of 5110 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah, I took it outside to show a mate and it rained. Brought it in swiftly afterwards and used the 'no water' cleaning technique :)

Reactions: nigelrb

·
Registered
486 Posts
guys that is the way i bought the bike its minted it is 14 years old 11250 miles on and has had 5 owners i am the 6th it has been used in its early life but since around 2013 not used that often , think its been garaged and in a heated one at that, I have only put my little stamp on her changed that exhaust and put the GPR one on fitted STM slipper clutch , Oberon slave
engine protection on r/h side that's about it out of all my 910,s this is by far the best Nigel I clean her after every run, it dose not go out in the wet

·
Registered
323 Posts
Got home from work to this...

Absolutely beautiful little piece of art...

😃

·
Registered
98 Posts
Painting it black? :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
@Nito that is stunning. I have been debating one of those for a long time:cool: They make beautiful pieces and not so beautiful prices as I know having bought lots of theirs🤣

Reactions: Nito

·
Registered
136 Posts
Put a new set of Bridgestone BT 31's on my TVL scrubbed them in on a track evening. Got to say what a difference to the way the TVL handles. The tip in and how tight a line the bike keeps now is like night and day. And that is in comparison to when the original tyres were almost new and tried on a track day. I had been impressed how good the Scorpions were but now I wish I had thrown them away many miles ago😁

·
Registered
323 Posts
@Nito that is stunning. I have been debating one of those for a long time:cool: They make beautiful pieces and not so beautiful prices as I know having bought lots of theirs🤣
Hi Paul, I had difficulty justifying the price to myself, up until I received it :) it’s hard not to appreciate the quality of workmanship that goes into it.

Plus it’s a tactile piece which you engage with everytime you take the bike out!! 👍

It should also nicey reduce the angle of lean to a more acceptable level because the stock stand freaks me out a bit!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Bike had its first service! A bit mad as I only bought it last week.

Loving it. Well, hurting my hands and shoulders so will get it set-up better but, other than that, W I C K E D.
Real emotional ride.

Anyway, whilst it was there - no issues - I took along a new Rad/Oil guard I had delivered.
I got the RadGuard one, from Australia, thanks to somebody mentioning it on here, forgotten who.
I got it because of the looks even though I could have the R&G for free. Very happy.

Blimey.. ha. I need to take those reflectors off!! didnt even notice :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I haven;t looked. You are kidding, right? :D

·
Registered
486 Posts
just set TPS on bike it had never been reset in 14 years was at 2.1 deg should be 2.3 deg oh and Nigel went on for short ride and then cleaned her it had flies on her
lol.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Hi Paul, I had difficulty justifying the price to myself, up until I received it :) it’s hard not to appreciate the quality of workmanship that goes into it.

Plus it’s a tactile piece which you engage with everytime you take the bike out!! 👍

It should also nicey reduce the angle of lean to a more acceptable level because the stock stand freaks me out a bit!!
Mine worried me as I found that the bike didn't have enough lean angle at times, I had to look to make sure the ground was very level, or sloping down on the stand side. On one occasion it actually got me stuck.
It is a beautiful bit of kit, but a bit to long imho.

5061 - 5080 of 5110 Posts