MV Agusta Forum banner

5041 - 5060 of 5083 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Stu675 I'll post some pics of the finished work and a couple before with marking tape. This isn't radical stuff, just fine-tuning lines, finish, and curves of the stamped pieces. All subtle adjustments. I used red plastic tape to unify the lines before using a Dremel, various file grades, and final wet sanding. As an industrial designer I've made all sorts of prototypes so my eyes are naturally trained to notice minuscule variations in produced parts. I could have pushed further but hey, that's okay. I'll give you a shout when the images are posted. Sorry for the wait.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Replaced the 30A main fuses with correct 40A fuses. It puzzles me why I found 30A in there. The fuse blew about 6 months or so ago, I opened it up and simply replaced like for like (30A for 30A) and then found here on the forum and in circuit diagram oughta be 40A.
Want to get it right before I try the SSB Lithium battery...
She still runs fine, hadda do a couple test runs...

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
Next up...

Fuel lines. I have some CPC metal fittings to go on, however rather than mess with the original hose, I’m going to experiment with some complete new lines using a ptfe lined -06 hose with Aramid/Kevlar braid and either some very similar plastic qd’s for the rail, or an alternative billet solution. I’ve measured the hoses up as 385mm long. If successful I’ll report back!!

·
Super Moderator
22,306 Posts
Keep us posted!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Chuck, you have experience with this, the oem hoses are pre formed/shaped to contour around the tank base, have you ever found any issues when using alternative non pre formed hoses?

Another question, the rail ends rotate freely, I’m guessing that’s by design and there is an o ring or two in there...

Finally my bike is missing what I believe is the tank water drain hose, the two connections from the tank to the tee are there, but that’s it, the runaway hose from the tee is missing, is that a model year change or is mine lost?

And lastly, some stow aways!!! No idea where or why these would have ended up here...

While the tank is off I’ll take the opportunity to flush and bleed the rear brake which doesn’t feel too sharp, do folk undo the reservoir and move it out for better access or leave in situ? It’s hard to read the level where it is!

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
22,306 Posts
Your assumptions are all correct, Nito.
The only issue I have had using regular High Pressure Fuel Injection Line is that you have to be mindful of the routing. There is a specific path to the right side of the engine that the hoses take in order that they not be pinched or interfere with the fuel tanks as it is lowered into place.
There are o-rings in the Fuel Rail connectors. The Knurl posted some picture of the connections disassembled a while back.
As for the drain line, it is entirely likely that the piece of hose that runs the drainage away from the top of the engine has simply fallen away. Just get a pieceof vacuum line to replace it.
For the rear brake, I usually leave my reservoir in place and surround it with a rag or two to absorb any poor attempt at filling.

·
Administrator
19,804 Posts
The stowaways were deposited there by some one working on the bike who dropped them....rather than take the time to find them he/she just got some replacements.... It is a fine example of Murphy's Law: Any fastener dropped will go to the most inaccessible location.

Reactions: Nito

·
Registered
353 Posts
The stowaways were deposited there by some one working on the bike who dropped them....rather than take the time to find them he/she just got some replacements.... It is a fine example of Murphy's Law: Any fastener dropped will go to the most inaccessible location.
Battery nuts!!! There’s at least a dozen of those floating around my bike

·
Registered
77 Posts
Cleaned my bike for the first time!!
This is it, er, wet.

It wasn't that dirty so just did a wipe with F365 or whatever its called....

·
Registered
77 Posts
just fitted GPR M3 PIPE TO HP Corse link pipe did not like HP Corse can also fitted new spark plugs
the whole bike has had a good going over including the fuel lines and cpc fittings.
Yeah, amazing condition. Looks like it has never been ridden!

5041 - 5060 of 5083 Posts