MV Agusta Forum banner

5001 - 5020 of 5083 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Installed OEM relay! Tough job!! And covered some wires that had come exposed on the wiring harness. And tidyied up brake switch line. All parts courtesy of forum members!
E5EDC2D5-69C2-4BA6-85D9-646F42461703.jpeg
9A2CA164-90ED-4180-9AFC-F33910E7030D.jpeg
D00B0C46-C3B7-4251-86FA-62CDB38D05E1.jpeg

·
Registered
847 Posts
Lookin’ slick @Midnicrow ; — love the white F4 1078RR. I’ve got the black B4 and always dreamed of having that match in the garage!

I can commiserate with the tourist riders. Sun’s out and so are the straightaway showboaters. Just means I have to go deeper into the canyons to get away from them! And remember: natural selection can be sped up by just a little bit of stupid.
Canyon riding must be fun!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Today, I gave my oldest bike a full clean up and restoration. This bike is 30 year old, and the engine is even older... Tyres, brakes, cosmetic, bearings... All set now to be able to reuse it... This is about bike, right? 🙃 :)

View attachment 478613
I had a Zeus in my younger years. Same type of simple tension derailleur levers!! I’ll post my “Bike” that I ride soon!! Don’t we have a bicycle thread?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Replaced Yuasa battery very impressed for a novice and great guidance on what to do and not todo from from the forum. Took it for a 2 hour ride to ensure it is running and charging properly. Back home quick wipe down and tucked in.

Enjoy the great weather when you can.
🇦🇺

·
Registered
866 Posts
I had a Zeus in my younger years. Same type of simple tension derailleur levers!! I’ll post my “Bike” that I ride soon!! Don’t we have a bicycle thread?
While the front derailleur is simple tension lever, the rear one is already indexed: you hear the click distinctly when moving the tension lever...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Broke 130 MPH on a downhill out of the mountains this evening. Probably no big thing for you track guys, but there’s not a lot of triple-digit-worthy stretches in the canyons.

Been tracking my rides on a Garmin watch. Fun to see how well spikes in speed map to equal spikes in heart rate :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Finally got parts back from the powder coater. I think this is how it should have come from the factory. Debating taking apart the rear brake lever and the shifter lever to do as well. Time will tell.
The pegs got coated in Anthracite, close match to the bodywork. Hard to tell from the pic but it makes them much more muted and blend into the bike as opposed to the bright silver they were. Exhaust cover looks slick.

·
Registered
353 Posts

Another day, another canyon. Gotta love summer weather, although the animals love it too. Found a deer and her fawn coming out of a switchback. 50’ closer to the exit and that would have been rough.

As an aside, starting to put orders in for some new vinyl. Excited to get the classic Meccanica Verghera logo onto the bike, and I backed it with the championship stars for a bit of added depth. Planning to put it on the carbon fiber passenger seat cover, so the silver and red should POP. Will share the final product once done.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Almost finished...
My B4 aluminum radiator shrouds always bothered me. They are factory stamped pieces with poor specs. NOW they are hand finished with adjusted lines, fine-tuned curves, and edge treatment. They actually line up. Who will notice? Me. Maybe you, no certainly you. I have a couple more details to finish. Pics will follow.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ordered a billet Moto Corse stand in silver (standard one freaks me out it lists over so much!!) and some CPC metal fuel connectors.

Mine's a bit temperamental on stone cold starts so I can anticipate some remedying will be required. I'll be trying a different battery and putting fresh fuel in. 8 miles ago in October 2018, the bike was sent to Xbikes for poor starting issues and had contaminated fuel removed and a new fuel filter/hose etc fitted in tank (and fresh fuel added which will now be over a year and a half old) so I'm hoping I don't really need to go internal. Will check the air filter and check/change plugs too while it's apart. The rear brake feels like it needs bleeding as it feels quite dull.

I haven't ridden it outside of the drive, MOT on Saturday!

5001 - 5020 of 5083 Posts