MV Agusta Forum banner

4981 - 5000 of 5008 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Absolutely nothing, just opened the workshop took the cover off and smiled at my MV in all its glory. Never did that with a GSXR

·
Administrator
19,545 Posts
I drove and took my wife out to the outskirts of the city. In the afternoon, I changed the front tire for the F4 and calibrated the brakes.
Welcome to the family Jaimemilner !!! Why don't you make an introductory post in the "New Members" section.....where are you located on the planet?? Please add that info to your profile, too.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Installed new sprag clutch, motolectrical battery leads and installed mwr air filter.
The sprag clutch replacement was easier than I anticipated, but still some awkward moments getting to the rear two bolts of the sprag cover.
So back to riding the Mv to work. And working up the courage to do the 24 K valves clearance check next.
I'd like to see your posts of when you do the 24K check. I did one and replaced some shims. Learned sooo much!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Did this today!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Lookin’ slick @Midnicrow ; — love the white F4 1078RR. I’ve got the black B4 and always dreamed of having that match in the garage!

I can commiserate with the tourist riders. Sun’s out and so are the straightaway showboaters. Just means I have to go deeper into the canyons to get away from them! And remember: natural selection can be sped up by just a little bit of stupid.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well, this one hasn't. In UK terms £1,000 overpriced. BUT, condition is unquestioned.
Just watched 44Teeth B500, googled to see if there's a 312 for sale nearby, and yes....
Price seems right too... Approx 8,500 Pounds UK money?!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Looks good, and excellent mileage!

You trading up, Glenno, or adding to the collection? I might add, as has been covered before, that there's a few good bargains around at the moment and people are (with sadness) more negotiable because of Covid-19 financial pressures. That price equates to about average in UK coin, although there are some ridiculous asking prices for 750s and 1000s.(y)

·
Registered
815 Posts
Lookin’ slick @Midnicrow ; — love the white F4 1078RR. I’ve got the black B4 and always dreamed of having that match in the garage!

I can commiserate with the tourist riders. Sun’s out and so are the straightaway showboaters. Just means I have to go deeper into the canyons to get away from them! And remember: natural selection can be sped up by just a little bit of stupid.
Thanks man! It was a glorious day for a ride! I stay away from US 1 and 95. MV and traffic/lights don’t mix. Lots of nice backroads that are well maintained around here. Thank you to all the Veterans!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rode 130 miles to have a shop mount new tires, install new rearsets w/GP style shifter, frame sliders and adjust rear brake (not really a success on that one)
5 hrs later back home, great ride in good weather

·
Registered
844 Posts
Today, I gave my oldest bike a full clean up and restoration. This bike is 30 year old, and the engine is even older... Tyres, brakes, cosmetic, bearings... All set now to be able to reuse it... This is about bike, right? 🙃 :)

4981 - 5000 of 5008 Posts