MV Agusta Forum banner

4921 - 4940 of 4954 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Disconnected the side stand switch. Bike was shutting down when riding, I tried removing and cleaning switch and connection still playing up. The last time the engine stopped while I was in heavy moving traffic and not a safe place. Decided then get the bike started go home and remove disconnect it for good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pics would be good for this!
I'm happy with the colour, it's almost a perfect match. But I think it needs something to break up the white, so I'm painting some accent striping like the stripes on the tank. I'll post pics when it's done. And what a pain in the butt to get on there! It came with 2 spacers for 3 posts, but the spacers were way too tall. I ended up machining aluminum ones to the right thickness.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Looks far better than the pillion seat. I do wish though that MV would have manufactured them so the leading edge contour would match the profile of the rear of the seat unit. I had one on mine and it annoyed the heck out of me. :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks far better than the pillion seat. I do wish though that MV would have manufactured them so the leading edge contour would match the profile of the rear of the seat unit. I had one on mine and it annoyed the heck out of me. :(
I agree, it looks a lot better. My pillion seat was either really dirty or just faded to an off-white creamy look.

I just figured it was contoured that way to be closer to the rider for support on acceleration when racing. I'm not a fan of the look either.

·
Administrator
19,129 Posts
That looks very nice !!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm terrible at this but here goes,
It was that and then some. Being this is my 1st time on an MV I dont have a point of reference to go by but I do have a couple of Duc's and a Tuono so I can compare it to them.
Keep in mind I tried to keep it below 6000 rpm per the run in schedule but the biggest take away was how light it felt, it just feels effortless when cornering, sounds great, looks great IMO and just feels like an experience if that makes sense.
I had a huge smile on my face and cant wait to get it out again. If you guys have other questions I'll try to answer them.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
I'm terrible at this but here goes,
It was that and then some. Being this is my 1st time on an MV I dont have a point of reference to go by but I do have a couple of Duc's and a Tuono so I can compare it to them.
Keep in mind I tried to keep it below 6000 rpm per the run in schedule but the biggest take away was how light it felt, it just feels effortless when cornering, sounds great, looks great IMO and just feels like an experience if that makes sense.
I had a huge smile on my face and cant wait to get it out again. If you guys have other questions I'll try to answer them.
I'm incredibly envious! Enjoy.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Possible last trip down to the coast (for some time) on Sunday, as we are on lock down in the UK. Perfect day, apart from the temperature (approximately 10C), great fish and chips.

4921 - 4940 of 4954 Posts