MV Agusta Forum banner

4861 - 4880 of 5147 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,714 Posts
Got some new shoes for half the stable...

Some nice and sticky Bridgestone S22 rubber to play with!

1.jpg

It's a bit less expensive when you can order online and do the change in your own garage.

Reactions: nigelrb

·
Super Moderator
22,714 Posts
Reactions: revhead1957

·
Super Moderator
22,714 Posts
It takes some effort, but it works well.

I have much better lighting in this room now. This was mounting the previous set of tires...not the S22 Bridgestones that are on there now.

DSC_2669r.jpg

DSC_2670r.jpg

DSC_2671r.jpg

DSC_2672r.jpg

View attachment DSC_2674.JPG

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Some nice and sticky Bridgestone S22 rubber to play with!

View attachment 468459

It's a bit less expensive when you can order online and do the change in your own garage.
Tell me about it xD... I got a 400 euro bill waiting for tyre changes.
If I order tyres online and buy the balancer, and machine that gets wheel off im still cheaper than going to dealer. But I got no space for those machines.

·
Super Moderator
22,714 Posts
It was a big upfront investment; with 6 roadworthy bikes in the garage, it made sense for my budget. I also do changes for friends that need it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Plastic Fuel Fittings

Well, one of the plastic fuel fittings in the fuel pump plate started leaking on me. It was a hair-line split because it didn't spew gas all over - I just smelled it. Lifted up the tank and turned key and I could see it seep around the metal male fuel line fitting. At first I just replaced the o-rings, but when I put the fuel fittings back in place and turned the key, fuel sprayed all over (I had the tank raised so I could see), so I must have split it even more taking the fittings out and back in.

Some background: I've had the bike over 7 years now and it has over 55,000 miles (88,000 km) on it. The owner before me replaced one of the male fuel fittings with a metal one (along with the attached fuel line). So, I've had one metal and one plastic male fuel fitting all this time along with the plastic female fittings in the fuel pump plate. Honestly, I think the fuel line that was replaced was probably too long and always putting a little side pressure on the plastic fuel fitting. Who knows. I've had the tank off many times and have just always been careful, but it is possible the plastic was just getting old.

Anyway, I ended up getting a set of CPC metal fuel fittings from GP Racing as well as new fuel lines from the local auto parts store. Getting the old fuel fittings out of the fuel plate was an arduous undertaking and I did mess up a couple of threads in the fuel plate, but got it all back together and working.

All to say that, once again, this forum was an invaluable resource. I read the Fuel Line Modification thread (http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39000) about three times before I proceeded to buy the parts needed and then tackle the job. So, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
22,714 Posts
@lc_brutale: I probably could have saved you a bit of time, money and aggravation with a PM.

Glad you are sorted.

4861 - 4880 of 5147 Posts