MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold my 2012 ktm Duke 690 because it was time for a change and more power.

Really fallen for the brutale 800 2014 but what color is the nicest one

I'm thinking maybe the gray with the red frame is the way to go but the dealer only have a white/red one so i haven't seen it live.
The red/silver is a 4 week waiting because it has to be made first.

So help me out, what to choose?:f4:

·
Registered
320 Posts
It was a test ride on a KTM Duke 990 that got me hooked on this style of bike, but the MV is so much better.

Blue and white AKA Italia colours all the way ;-)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm Norwegian so pardon my english:yo: its not good :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. really love Ktm but they don't really have a bike in this class

·
Registered
742 Posts
I'm Norwegian so pardon my english:yo: its not good :)
Nothing wrong with your English. Norwegian and Swedish people tend to speak English pretty darn well. My native language is Dutch and grammar never was my strong point. :laughing: Some things will be lost in translation.

But on-topic again, you can't go wrong with any color. I wanted the blue one at first but on second thought i liked the gray/red one better. For me the blue version doesn't stand the test of time plus it's more expensive.

You're welcome to look at mine next time you visit the Netherlands. After we take a visit to a coffeeshop i bet you, you'll love all MV's. :smoking: :laughing:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nothing wrong with your English. Norwegian and Swedish people tend to speak English pretty darn well. My native language is Dutch and grammar never was my strong point. :laughing: Some things will be lost in translation.

But on-topic again, you can't go wrong with any color. I wanted the blue one at first but on second thought i liked the gray/red one better. For me the blue version doesn't stand the test of time plus it's more expensive.

You're welcome to look at mine next time you visit the Netherlands. After we take a visit to a coffeeshop i bet you, you'll love all MV's. :smoking: :laughing:
Yea you are right its hard to go wrong with this bike and especially if you take matters into your own hands like you did:mouthwate.
And after a visit to an Amsterdam coffee shop much color is probably the way to go:green:hehe

Still its a hard choice but Ill found a dealer that have both the white and the gray one so thats my plan for today. Its a long drive but this is important:yo:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok after a close look at the gray one i think thats the one to go for. And since you really don't need to use money on exhaust on this one that savings can be used for some paint and clear coat instead.:f4:
Now im super excited. cant wait to pick it up.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Any ideas on the paintjob yet?
Mine is clearcoated to, looks superb and to keep it that way i placed plastic wrap on some strategic places.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any ideas on the paintjob yet?
Mine is clearcoated to, looks superb and to keep it that way i placed plastic wrap on some strategic places.
You got me inspired :mouthwate
I'm thinking of two ways now.
The first is to take that beautiful white that is on the back of the bike to the top of the tank.
The other is to do something like the 2010 1090 rr with mv augusta red.

So much possibilities :)

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
You got me inspired :mouthwate
I'm thinking of two ways now.
The first is to take that beautiful white that is on the back of the bike to the top of the tank.
The other is to do something like the 2010 1090 rr with mv augusta red.

So much possibilities :)
:hitit:
I like two-tone bikes. Makes them classy. :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Excellent choice mv4750

·
Registered
93 Posts
Looks like I am getting one of 4 arriving in July so I have a short wait - no problem.

It will have the ABS.

I saw it on display at the Phillip Island Superbikes - looks excellent.

Some pix from the display.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Woov. Yeah it looks superb. Personally i have some issues with the blue seat and the white rims.But maybe it just take some time getting used to:)

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
I wonder how that bike would look with gold rims? Anybody good at Photoshop?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Gold rims = too much bling IMHO.

Dont mess with the Italia ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Nice job... Better than I thought, but I still like my original.

Although i'm still debating with myself over the front fender (white with blue/gold stripes to match the lines on the tank)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts