Yamaha R6

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Honda Hurricane late 80's

·
Registered
716 Posts
1978 Honda mini-trail 50. It bit me immediately. Literally. The bike fell over onto my hand in the back of the station wagon on the ride home from the dealer. It took off the tip of my little finger on my right hand.

·
Registered
587 Posts
in july of 04. My father and I go to tucson to look at a 998 final edition. During that time
i walk over to the back,and there she was. My 02 mille R she was in the back kinda forgotten. my dad walks over looks at it,and a year later we bring it home.

the owner of the shop,had done a one year layaway program with me.

she was not the first bike i saw,but she it was love at first site.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
In 1970, my dad took me to see Easy Rider. Dennis Hopper's chopper with the really cool drag bars, (as opposed to Fonda's silly American Flag bike with the ape hangers!), caught my eye immediately. It was the coolest thing I'd ever seen! I immediately fell in love with motorcycles.

A few months later, my dad bought me a Yamaha MiniEnduro. I've been riding ever since.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
4 or 5 bikes come to mind.

As a teenager I was sitting in the passenger seat in my brother's car and up the freeway on-ramp came thundering a Moto-Guzzi with an incredible sound, blacked out engine and pipes. I learned many years later that it was a Lemans.

Also sitting in my brothers car, this booming thunder came up behind us and passed us. It was a fabulous red Ducati. It must have been a Paso. Sometime in the mid to late 80's.

Walking through old town of Zurich, parked there was a stunning looking black and gold Ducati 900SS Bevel. The owner walked up right then and started the bike up and the sound echoed of the old buildings drowning the whole town in a Ducati symphony. It was chilling!! That was also in about the late 80's

These were three defining moments I will never forget.

Then, years later I was awestruck by the 851/888 Ducatis and when the first pictures of the 916 appeared I just knew there was no way out. I still own my first Ducati, a 1995 916. This bike changed my life and is the reason why I am in the m/c business now. No money can buy this bike!!!!:yo:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Actually, I lied in my previous post. Here is my very first motorcycle. A 1967 Kreidler Florett, 3-speed with twist-grip shifter. It was a hand-me-down from my older brother. I roosted through cow pastures and corn fields in Switzerland on that thing in the early 80's. Can't even believe that I full on mx-ed this thing, including jumps - no helmet, ever. Oh yeah, it didn't have a working front brake either. It never stopped running, just took the abuse. One day I rattle canned the whole bike chrome silver with gold dots - it was rad!!!:yo::):) Memories....

·
Registered
378 Posts
Suzuki RG500 (Gamma).....don't know if it was imported in UK or USA. 500 2 stroke 95hp and 160kg......:naughty:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts